A good summer for business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two points.

Graveson was not all that. In 4/5 seasons at the club he had one good half season, the one that he left. He listened to his agent Sivebeck and [Poor language removed] us off. When he released from Madrid we had first buy back option, we dont know for sure but I reckon Moyes would have been contacted and baulked at the wages he wanted. Tommy found those wages at Celtic.
He left us when we were in fourth and needed him. I liked him but having him back would be a charitable case, Arteta is ten times the player he is or was.

Would not pay more than 4.5 million for Nugent. Vaughan and Anichebe are the reason for that.

Rant over.

Two points.

Graveson was not all that. In 4/5 seasons at the club he had one good half season, the one that he left. He listened to his agent Sivebeck and [Poor language removed] us off. When he released from Madrid we had first buy back option, we dont know for sure but I reckon Moyes would have been contacted and baulked at the wages he wanted. Tommy found those wages at Celtic.
He left us when we were in fourth and needed him. I liked him but having him back would be a charitable case, Arteta is ten times the player he is or was.

Would not pay more than 4.5 million for Nugent. Vaughan and Anichebe are the reason for that.

Rant over.
are you sure??

Two points.

Rant over.

Gravesen played a stormer of a season when we finished seventh, this coincided with being in the middle with Li Tie consistantly who covered every blade of grass twice.

As for him leaving for real madrid, a lot of players do, fans favourite (barf) becksy went, its the holy grail to players.

we never should have let hutch go !

I'vbe always been an advocate of signing Nugent but financially it does make far more sense to wait a year and get him for free, if he'll wait. Such an action on his behalf may also prompt PNE to let us have him at a bargain basement price knowing that they'll get sod all in a yeqars time;)

I dont think the lad will wait the year myself. I guess he will have his eye on a potential Euro 08 place in the England squad and hence a move to the prem would be the ideal place and platform to allow him to acheive this.

I dont think he wll paly silly buggers with PNE either whether it be a good or bad thing. I think im right in saying that his origan contract with them would have ended this summer but he signed a a one year contract extention with them about a year and half ago so as not to leave the club in a position were they would be held to ransom.

On a seperate note its a little sad to hear lately that players like Tommy and Dunc have gotton a litlle stick in regard to their service for us and "unfullfilled potential" personally i think both were great servents and stayed loyal to us when they were in really poor teams and the club was on skid row going nowhere.

If he's such a blue then he would be making noises and falling out with PNE just to get here. a £10 million price tag is [Poor language removed] ludicrous.

Newcastle would pay it though.

Maybe Moyes has told Nugent he's not interested in him yet? I think though if we sell Beattie to Blackburn, then maybe. But if he doesn't then I think he is right to concentrate on other areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.