Everton Youth Teams Thread

I don't know if it was mentioned, but Mason Holgate and Joe Williams both played for England under 20's against Canada yesterday (England lost 2-1).
Joe Williams seems to have had quite an active game. The goals are on the FA site (neither Everton player seems to have anything to do with any of them). Holgate appeared to be played right back.

Got to say that this thread and the players on loan have kept me sane since the new year!!

Well done to all involved in both.

The talent in these levels is great to see. Am I right in saying that Tom Davies and Kieran Dowell are the same age group as well?

theres a few different ages involved, davies is the same age as the likes of yates, dowell around a year older and around same age as brewster.

The talent in these levels is great to see. Am I right in saying that Tom Davies and Kieran Dowell are the same age group as well?

Yeah in "Scholar years" ( 1st Sept birth date) they are in the same one as Brewster, Broadhead, Yarney , Yates plus Walsh , Connolly and Holland. It mixes up at International level ( 1st Jan D.O. B.) e.g. Davies u 18, Connolly u19.

The pleasing thing is the young age of the team. Of last nights starting 11 only the four mentioned above ( Brewster, Broadhead, Yarney , Yates ) wont be eligible for the u 18 s next year and the impressive Denny is 15 and still to even become a Scholar. The likes of Evans, Lavery , Feeney and Bramall are also still eligible next season , plus a new intake of Scholars and its looking good for us to continue building on our crop of good U18 teams.

It all needs to be put into perspective of course, hard to tell just how young or good the other teams were and for some last night may have been the pinnacle of their career, but I'm still buzzing just happy that we were the best ! And when Martinez made his "Golden Generation" comment not one of last night's player were in my 7 or 8 I thought he meant.