9pts behind Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAVEN BILIC

I may as well pay to have my opinions ridiculed!
lets see peoples thoughts on were those 9 pts should've come from.

mine are as follows.

Burnley-away-+1
Spurs-away-+1 (oh Landon)
Arsenal-away-+2
Birmingham-away-+2
Villa-away-+2
West Ham-home-+2

as you can see thats 10pts but only cos Saha should've scored his pen against Burnley. i also haven't gone for the draws at home earlier in the season, we were [Poor language removed] then and didn't deserve anything more. my extra points come from the 2nd half of the season when we outplayed every team we faced and took the lead (apart from the 1st half of the spurs away game).

and i don't buy into moyes' comments that 'we can do a Spurs'. We did a Spurs 5 years ago. so really they've just done an Everton.

When you look at it that way but we also scored our fair share of late goals to steel a couple of wins.

If there are two results that I think we could honestly say "we should have had it," it would have been Arsenal away (last minute goal by them) and West Ham at home (last minute goal by them.)

I think both goals were preventable and should have given us six points instead of two.

But yeah, there were some games (such as today) where we could have easily only had one instead of the three so it evens itself out.

Those two are the two that stick out in my mind though.

we finished 11 points ahead of Birmingham, who for much of the season were ahead of us. Amazing turnaround of form.

Top 8 Mini League or what?

I'm chuffed we finished 8th though....

Its the same for the teams to be fair. You're talking 1 to 4 points between either winning the league - Chelsea 86, Man United 85 - or 4th, Spurs 70, Man City 67, and so on and so on.

All in all, every team has that "1 game" that should've been 3 points that would've sent them up a place or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.