Votes: 137 54.8%
  • No

Votes: 86 34.4%
  • Cheese with Worcestershire Sauce on toast

Votes: 27 10.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were a couple under Moyes & Martínez aswell. We got further in the competition then but ultimately embarrassed ourselves.

From memory under Moyes it never really hurt us, there were a few bad seasons, but we had bad seasons under Moyes even without Europa, Martinez proved that it wasnt Europa that hurt us, more his shocking managing.

But yeah, im not dismissing the impact starting the season in June has on the players, its a long slog, but as I say with the correct group of players and a sensible manager its achievable.

From memory under Moyes it never really hurt us, there were a few bad seasons, but we had bad seasons under Moyes even without Europa, Martinez proved that it wasnt Europa that hurt us, more his shocking managing.

But yeah, im not dismissing the impact starting the season in June has on the players, its a long slog, but as I say with the correct group of players and a sensible manager its achievable.

Maybe mate. Might just be how I remember it, can remember it getting blamed for poor starts to seasons/poor seasons & then games like Bucharest, Benfica & Kiev come to mind.

I think you’re right though. I thought at that start of this season, surely we should be more prepared than anyone if we’re playing competitive games in June/July. But it obviously didn’t go to plan.

Other than the fact it lacked a left side to the defense the squad today looked a 7th place side. Our defense needs loads of help.

Some were saying a few weeks back that we had no chance of 7th, well we are very close now and we have had a truely awful season. IMO there's no doubt that we are the best of the rest (not that our form has shown it) so at the very least we should be at least 7th, will it be good enough if we get it for Europa I hope so, some have said they dont want it but it's our best path to CL even though it's a very very long road. We have got to start thinking like a big team and to be one we have to at least be in Europe. If Sam carries on with involving Niasse and Davies I'm sure that will get us 7th, they make a real difference, but you never know with him he could decide Schneiderlin and DCL might be better choices for the next game, if he does he should be sacked on the spot.

Allardyce in Europe. Brexiting all over the shop. Lol.

string-vest.jpg

Other than the fact it lacked a left side to the defense the squad today looked a 7th place side. Our defense needs loads of help.
Well it's said Baines isn't to far away, yes he's not quite the player he was but he's a massive improvement on what we have had since he's been injured, so he will improve us. This season has turned into a transitional season and we still have a great chance of 7th so it might not end to bad, but any of this rubbish football we have had to go through a times this season must not be repeated next season.

Here we go, we win a game and some fans post can we make Europe.

Have you actually watched us this season?
We are dreadful.and another away game from an other defeat

Status
Not open for further replies.