777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've tried to bite my tongue a bit but here we have another Guardian article referencing the Esk describing us as basically uninvestible. Hot on the heels of yesterdays "anonymous source" in the Telegraph, who spoke exactly like the Esk, describing us as being on the brink of administration, in the exact same terms as his numerous blogs on the subject.

This is dangerous and harmful stuff. Perception is very important. He might not be able to influence mega investors who will form their own view, but who is going to want to do basic business with a club that "prominent supporters" (yawn) think could imminently go into administration. What player is going to sign, what club is going to offer payment terms? And yet here is one of our own fans dong more work than the likes of Matt Hughes to create the perception of a club going under.

No one should ignore the possibility of course, but in terms of being "on the brink" well there have been none of the serious red flags, no bills or wages or tax unpaid, so who or what does it serve to create that perception? It gets one man, who states his opinions as facts, in the papers. It does not benefit Everton FC.

Agreed
The Esk & Simon Goodley who penned it , together are a very toxic & dangerous double act to the clubs well being.

I said it last week he is being touted as a voice of the fanbase , well he isn't and certainly doesnt ever represent my thoughts , its about time someone piped him down.

I just think

777 will have to make the club a profitable one as they don't have a pot to dip into.

777 wont go into administration as they will want to protect their investment

777 seem like canny people to get where they have gotten so far we may not like the way they will do some things but it will probably be done with a business head rather than emotional.

We will be top of the pile of a few clubs 777 own which will help the club with player recruitment and youth players etc

We should become a bit more settled from all the chaos we've had and will have a structure within the company where people should know what they're doing.

Moshiri will be gone

I've tried to bite my tongue a bit but here we have another Guardian article referencing the Esk describing us as basically uninvestible. Hot on the heels of yesterdays "anonymous source" in the Telegraph, who spoke exactly like the Esk, describing us as being on the brink of administration, in the exact same terms as his numerous blogs on the subject.

This is dangerous and harmful stuff. Perception is very important. He might not be able to influence mega investors who will form their own view, but who is going to want to do basic business with a club that "prominent supporters" (yawn) think could imminently go into administration. What player is going to sign, what club is going to offer payment terms? And yet here is one of our own fans dong more work than the likes of Matt Hughes to create the perception of a club going under.

No one should ignore the possibility of course, but in terms of being "on the brink" well there have been none of the serious red flags, no bills or wages or tax unpaid, so who or what does it serve to create that perception? It gets one man, who states his opinions as facts, in the papers. It does not benefit Everton FC.

He needs reining in.

It's almost like he wants us done for.

I just don't get his angle at all!!

I just think

777 will have to make the club a profitable one as they don't have a pot to dip into.

777 seem like canny people to get where they have gotten so far we may not like the way they will do some things but it will probably be done with a business head rather than emotional.

We will be top of the pile of a few clubs 777 own which will help the club with player recruitment and youth players etc

We should become a bit more settled from all the chaos we've had and will have a structure within the company where people should know what they're doing.

Moshiri will be gone
They've got to find the money to buy the club first.
Nearly 8 months , they still haven't.

I just think

Moshiri will be gone
From what I’ve seen / read, 777 have achieved what they have through very dubious means. It all appears to be be a house of cards built on sand and it’s about to come crashing down. I hope to God they haven’t managed to get their hands on us just as they implode entirely. As other have said on here, Everton have a knack for being in the wrong place at the wrong time…. Being owned by these just as they go under would be the worst of these occasions 😢

I agree, the multiple times the esk has been wrong devalue any real weight behind his comments, and the guardian have been harbingers of doom for a while now, but it’s clear we’re win a right mess financially, and the high interest loans will do for us in the end.

777 aren’t the answer imo, but I haven’t an alternative, aside from Tim Cahills Quatari chums - any chance Timmy lad? Do us a solid.

He needs reining in.

It's almost like he wants us done for.

I just don't get his angle at all!!
Acquainted with MSP. If they were the mystery buyer in the wings that has been constantly held up as the best solution, probably nose out of joint after their reluctance to just take control on Monday. Rather than an about face, accept the apparent inevitability of 777, do whatever a normal fan can to hold them and the club to account, seemingly going full bore towards oblivion just to say told you so. I’ve had to block for my own sanity. Hopefully the mainstream media do the same.

I just think

Moshiri will be gone
I don’t get this ‘top of the pile ‘ idea , they can’t ignore the other clubs they own.
Hertha Berlin are not an inconsequential club by the way, and neither for that matter are Liege.
Ultimately we become part of a conglomerate, and I feel that with time it will dilute some of our identity.
(On a personal note , as someone who follows and occasionally attends Union Berlin , I hate being associated with Hertha 🫤)

President of Vasco, Pedrinho notifies 777 Partners and asks for a guarantee that the company will deposit a contribution of R$270 million in September.

The notification was poorly received by 777 executives, who were surprised and considered the tone aggressive.
They got a transfer ban in Brazil.

Hertha and Genoa seems to work out atm.

Still not a fan of them, we have 2 very bad options keeping Moshiri for a bit, or choose them.

There’s nothing wrong with 777 wanting the club to be finically able to stand on its own feet. That’s a good thing.
It’s more that they’ve got a track record of not paying bills and leaving clubs in serious positions as a result.

Has anyone seen how long this extension to the MSP loan is for?? I’ve seen weeks not months, but what does that even mean??

Agreed
The Esk & Simon Goodley who penned it , together are a very toxic & dangerous double act to the clubs well being.

I said it last week he is being touted as a voice of the fanbase , well he isn't and certainly doesnt ever represent my thoughts , its about time someone piped him down.
The Esk needs to understand that what Goodley is doing is detrimental to Everton Football Club and constantly validating his campaign means that The Esk is also acting against the best interests of the club. I have no doubt that The Esk's bodyguard mod will be along shortly to chastise me but how The Esk has positioned himself as the voice of the fan base, and the Guardian's on call hatchet man, is fundamentally dishonest and his almost incessant calls for the club to be placed in administration is an outrageous call for the potential destruction of the club that we all, for some reason, love. He seems very much to be a malign actor at the moment and I'm not sure what he sees as the end goal.

I agree, the multiple times the esk has been wrong devalue any real weight behind his comments, and the guardian have been harbingers of doom for a while now, but it’s clear we’re win a right mess financially, and the high interest loans will do for us in the end.

777 aren’t the answer imo, but I haven’t an alternative, aside from Tim Cahills Quatari chums - any chance Timmy lad? Do us a solid.
One thing that'd be good to avoid is having protests against the new owners the minute they come through the door. I reckon if 777 get approval there'll be banners against them immediately, which isn't ideal.

I also think the same would happen if someone from Qatar or other oil states took over. The fanbase isn't of the right political persuasion to allow that

They got a transfer ban in Brazil.

Hertha and Genoa seems to work out atm.

Still not a fan of them, we have 2 very bad options keeping Moshiri for a bit, or choose them.
Vasco seem to be a bit of a basket case club, they had some issues before 777 got involved, I think 777 have just not really helped them to sort anything which is part of the problem.

I just think

Moshiri will be gone
777 won't give a toss about their investment, since they do not invest their own money. They'll lure in other funding by saying "look, this is Everton fc, a very reputable football club, your money would be safe", then if we do not become profitable in a certain time-frame they'll asset strip us and flog us for scrap, giving themselves a nice little payoff while doing so.