777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
worst case scenario, sell BMD and lease it back, liquidate other assets, administration and relegation, use golden parachute to get our feet settled, hope we bounce back to PL within 3 seasons.

A bad scenario.

The post refered to Moshiri hanging on til the stadium is finished as things would be easier....thats an awful long time to wait , he'll be well gone before it's anywhere near finished.

It will be finished this fall. We won't move in until the following season.

It's also, once this storm is weathered, the only thing that gives the club any hope of a brighter future beyond treading water in lower mid-table.

Look at the FFP mess we've created trying to compete. Those losses are nothing to do with the stadium. The only way to bridge that gap is revenue, and that's the stadium.
I used to believe that too.
But I think we are projecting too much hope on the stadium .
Its financial uplift will not alone provide enough to restore our fortunes.
More importantly, it will have to be paid for, a fact that will limit our spending power for some years ahead.
It will also lead to a hefty rise in ticket prices.
I wonder how many people will continue to pay the higher prices to watch endless mid table football at best.
From being an advocate and a supporter of the move , I now wish we were remaining at Goodison.

I used to believe that too.
But I think we are projecting too much hope on the stadium .
Its financial uplift will not alone provide enough to restore our fortunes.
More importantly, it will have to be paid for, a fact that will limit our spending power for some years ahead.
It will also lead to a hefty rise in ticket prices.
I wonder how many people will continue to pay the higher prices to watch endless mid table football at best.
From being an advocate and a supporter of the move , I now wish we were remaining at Goodison.

They stadium just gets us caught up to other clubs who are either in new stadiums or that have completed major renovations.

It's needed but won't exactly be a cash cow.

They stadium just gets us caught up to other clubs who are either in new stadiums or that have completed major renovations.

It's needed but won't exactly be a cash cow.
I understand that , I always have.
But in our increasingly straitened circumstances it feels like we are an old and decrepit luxury liner , leaking and sitting very low in the water. But instead of repairing the leaks , perhaps applying a lick of paint , we have opted for adding a massive new luxury deck on top.
We are now hoping the passengers on the top deck will spend enough money to repair the leaks before the rest of the hulk sinks beneath the waves.
Man the life rafts !!

I understand that , I always have.
But in our increasingly straitened circumstances it feels like we are an old and decrepit luxury liner , leaking and sitting very low in the water. But instead of repairing the leaks , perhaps applying a lick of paint , we have opted for adding a massive new luxury deck on top.
We are now hoping the passengers on the top deck will spend enough money to repair the leaks before the rest of the hulk sinks beneath the waves.
Man the life rafts !!

Analogies rarely run parallel to the actual situation, but the stadium is the boat itself here. What we don't have is the staff (players) or sales (think commercial revenue) to actually support the stadium. You might not get the staff and sales for the new boat, but you definitely aren't getting them with the old boat.

I am wary about the £550m debt figure.

Where has this come from? It could be from FM in an attempt to get the PL to force through the sale to 777 in spite of their obvious flaws.

Metro bank loan was originally £30m.

Rights and Media Funding originally £150m, that's increased to about £220m.

MSP lent us £140m.

777 have lent us £190m.

Then Moshiri's loans come to £450m.

777 and Moshiri won't see a dime if there is an Administration.

That’s a case of can’t fund won’t fund scenario

The club could literally collapse under the weight of the debt which would mean the big A.

Can anyone see a way out of this other than a Uber rich buyer ?

As some sources are saying there are no background bidders