777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Amazing how they'll pass the fit and proper owners test. The PL will love this group finishing us off.
On the face of it, they look like they should have been refused 14 seconds after submitted their initial application. Does make you wonder why the PL checks have dragged on. What’s the purpose?

The FCA have approved though, and they take no prisoners (not implying competence, but they are sticklers). I can’t imagine the PL having more robust a stringent checks to a the FCA given some of the other current and past club owners. All very odd.

On the face of it, they look like they should have been refused 14 seconds after submitted their initial application. Does make you wonder why the PL checks have dragged on. What’s the purpose?

The FCA have approved though, and they take no prisoners (not implying competence, but they are sticklers). I can’t imagine the PL having more robust a stringent checks to a the FCA given some of the other current and past club owners. All very odd.
Agreed, it’s not like a random unannounced audit. They would have known the process and what information was required, months before submitting their documents.

You would think that making sure all the info provided was bang on and would stand scrutiny before submitting, would be a bit of a no-brainer. Especially given they must surely know that, fairly or not, their reputation isn’t quite up there with Mother Theresa’s.

The Prem’s bean counters must be bricking it, especially with the Government looking at them for a populist quick win, with their proposed regulator.

Approve what turns out to be a financial basket case and they will be slaughtered. Don’t approve and potentially cause Everton to hit unfixable financial difficulty and they will get slaughtered.

As an added complication, I wonder if the Prem are open to being sued by either party if the bid is rejected ?

Agreed, it’s not like a random unannounced audit. They would have known the process and what information was required, months before submitting their documents.

You would think that making sure all the info provided was bang on and would stand scrutiny before submitting, would be a bit of a no-brainer. Especially given they must surely know that, fairly or not, their reputation isn’t quite up there with Mother Theresa’s.

The Prem’s bean counters must be bricking it, especially with the Government looking at them for a populist quick win, with their proposed regulator.

Approve what turns out to be a financial basket case and they will be slaughtered. Don’t approve and potentially cause Everton to hit unfixable financial difficulty and they will get slaughtered.

As an added complication, I wonder if the Prem are open to being sued by either party if the bid is rejected ?
I doubt the PL could be sued. Don’t think they were when Newcastle were initially refused.

Its never boring with those guys.

Lots of sketchy stuff with them, but to be fair this isnt a new thing. This case has been in Canadian courts because its Flair Airlines(777 acted as guarantors). It seems they now have filed in english courts because they feel their case will be rejected in the other one.