777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dych training sessions once our New Indian Overlords in Place

Right this Mango over there......

That Mango stays here

This Mango Long!

Its all a but Chutney but we should be able to PopafewtoDom!!!
wtf-disbelief.gif

See David Dein is getting a few mentions since his appearance at GP on Sat.
Apparently is endorsing 777’s efforts and providing assistance.
Interesting that he was who first introduced Uncle Uzzy / Red and White Holding to Arsenal.
Probably a load of tabloid nonsense and only reason he was there Sat was out of respect to Bill.
Well, it was also him who introduced. Moshiri to Kenwright when it became clear Red and White were not going to shift the Kronkes.

He's balls deep in where Everton are today.

Im not optimistic about 777 at all, and no offense to the random "news" account sending that out, but on the face of it seems a pretty dubious article. Seems to be they claim they somehow got access to unaudited accounts and tax filings that no one else has access to for some reason, and posted two lines from a many page balance sheet with no context or further details.

I find it interesting that according to them they lost $171 million between June and December 2021. As far as I can tell they made one acquisition in that period of time, Genoa, for $175 million.. Coincidentally the other period is where they spend hundreds of millions buying football clubs, an airline, and 13 737 Max jets for Flair Airlines(they cost $120 million each). The 777 Group has $9.14 billion in assets, up $780 million from this period where they "lost" $600 million. Poor journalism, I would hope if they actually had access to the balance sheets they would have shown more than 2 line items. No idea if there's anything there more serious than defaulting on loans, kidnapping and federal drug charges.

Im not optimistic about 777 at all, and no offense to the random "news" account sending that out, but on the face of it seems a pretty dubious article. Seems to be they claim they somehow got access to unaudited accounts and tax filings that no one else has access to for some reason, and posted two lines from a many page balance sheet with no context or further details.

I find it interesting that according to them they lost $171 million between June and December 2021. As far as I can tell they made one acquisition in that period of time, Genoa, for $175 million.. Coincidentally the other period is where they spend hundreds of millions buying football clubs, an airline, and 13 737 Max jets for Flair Airlines(they cost $120 million each). The 777 Group has $9.14 billion in assets, up $780 million from this period where they "lost" $600 million. Poor journalism, I would hope if they actually had access to the balance sheets they would have shown more than 2 line items. No idea if there's anything there more serious than defaulting on loans, kidnapping and federal drug charges.

They also have no idea what was submitted to the FCA.

I thought much the same reading the article - in order to get all the details right down to company emails telling people how to dress they'd need a source in 777 passing everything along to two journalists who are basically by now their sworn enemies. It's possible but leaking your company's secrets to hostile journos isn't great for job security!

Then to know the ins and outs of what has or hasn't been passed to the FCA as they claim to they'd need a source at the FCA willing to disclose all about a highly confidential process. Again possible but feels even less likely working somewhere were confidentiality is presumably paramount, what would be the benefit to this inside source?

I know Brown and Auclair are reputable journalists but I'd like to see a bit more corroboration of some stuff from other journalists before taking anything as gospel.

I don’t know who those guys are or where they got their information. But your assets can increase while losing money.

Slightly off-topic, but does it not seem interesting that Moshiri has been attending games since Bill passed? It makes you think that they had a fallout.
I think it's more that he's used the tragedy to slip back in and hope no one will say anything. Plus he wants to show face with the hat guy from 777 so he can make it seem like everything is going swimmingly.

IF it goes ahead, and it’s a big IF, then for me there’s been an agenda/ narrative being pushed by certain quarters based on limited substance.

I appreciate the ‘fit & proper’ test may be deemed inadequate by many BUT they have to prove they have the funds, and you aren’t allowed leveraged buyouts anymore.

‘IF’ they supply the evidence of having the funds, and no leveraged buy out (which they’d have to, to pass) then I’m relatively satisfied.

I think it's more that he's used the tragedy to slip back in and hope no one will say anything. Plus he wants to show face with the hat guy from 777 so he can make it seem like everything is going swimmingly.
I don’t think he was part of headlock gate, fans are disgruntled with him, but not for the headlock as he wasn’t involved