777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I mean... they paid them

Late payments are really not that uncommon in business. The amount of times in my working life I've had people chasing late payment of an invoice is incredible and I've worked across loads of businesses and sectors.

That's not a defence of 777 but I just think sometimes these things can be framed to be a lot more negative than they actually are. They could actually have no money but it also could have just been some person in finance not processing the transfer in time...

I mean... they paid them
There’s a lot of angry customers who are suing the airline because they were unable to travel.
Late payments are not inconsequential in business and have knock on effects for those businesses left short of funds.
It’s a shabby way to do business.
When we are faced with firms who are habitually late with payments , we insist on payment immediately on completion, if that is not forthcoming we cut our ties with them entirely, there is too much uncertainty and disruption in dealing with such people.
Eventually , if they continue to operate the same way in the football industry as they have in their other areas of operation , they will find the lack of trust will inhibit their ability to do any deals.

Just how ‘in the dark’ is everyone on this? Are there no indications whatsoever on the following:

How much money is required for 777 (or somebody else) to gain control of Everton?

If 777 are actually capable of obtaining the required amount to gain control, how is the payment being structured…

Is it a simple purchase of Moshiri’s shares, with all the money going to Moshiri? Or is the lion’s share going towards paying off debt? Or an unknown combination of the two?

This information is extremely important because the way in which the takeover is being structured could make a really big difference to everything!

At present there are two potential liabilities that make Everton unattractive, which are the prospect of relegation and the ongoing costs of the stadium. But if the risk of relegation is removed, and the stadium costs ultimately become paid for by paying off the debt incurred through its construction, then a new owner could actually end up getting themselves a bargain.

If the figures are relatively low (300 - 500 million) and the lion’s share is going towards paying off our substantial debts, then I think there is an argument to be made that the new owners are getting a very good deal, and that we should be able to attract better owners than 777.

If the takeover involves the removal of debt for the stadium, the new owners are acquiring a well established premier league club in a brand new stadium with a small or nonexistent debt burden.

IF that’s what is on offer, we should be able to attract better than 777.

Just how ‘in the dark’ is everyone on this? Are there no indications whatsoever on the following:

How much money is required for 777 (or somebody else) to gain control of Everton?

If 777 are actually capable of obtaining the required amount to gain control, how is the payment being structured…

Is it a simple purchase of Moshiri’s shares, with all the money going to Moshiri? Or is the lion’s share going towards paying off debt? Or an unknown combination of the two?

This information is extremely important because the way in which the takeover is being structured could make a really big difference to everything!

At present there are two potential liabilities that make Everton unattractive, which are the prospect of relegation and the ongoing costs of the stadium. But if the risk of relegation is removed, and the stadium costs ultimately become paid for by paying off the debt incurred through its construction, then a new owner could actually end up getting themselves a bargain.

If the figures are relatively low (300 - 500 million) and the lion’s share is going towards paying off our substantial debts, then I think there is an argument to be made that the new owners are getting a very good deal, and that we should be able to attract better owners than 777.

If the takeover involves the removal of debt for the stadium, the new owners are acquiring a well established premier league club in a brand new stadium with a small or nonexistent debt burden.

I would assume there will be many interested in buying us, (not because its Everton but because we are a PL club) of course it depends on the price, existing debts, new ground financing etc....

Although i and everyone else want us sold ASAP i do wonder/hope the longer it takes the more solid interest we will get from other potential buyers.
I would still take 777 over who we have now.

I can't be bothered to look further into those late payments but

As said above, late payments are not uncommon in business and personal lives. I mean how many times have you been chased for payment.

And late, how late is late? I haven't bothered to look as I think this is just a story to stir the pot but was it a day late, a week late, a month late, a year late. And when does late become a real concern. If a day late, who cares, if a week or month late meh.

As said above, late payments are not uncommon in business and personal lives. I mean how many times have you been chased for payment.

And late, how late is late? I haven't bothered to look as I think this is just a story to stir the pot but was it a day late, a week late, a month late, a year late. And when does late become a real concern. If a day late, who cares, if a week or month late meh.
Late is late, it doesnt matter if its late by an hour or late by a year.

Good businesses pay their bills on time when due.

So to answer your question late becomes a concern the very second its late and its also not the first time payments have been late from them.

As somebody above said, lets see how understanding other Premier League clubs are when Everton are late making payments, lets see how understanding HMRC are when Everton are late making payments.

I see what your saying but at a critical time you'd think they'd be showing everyone they could meet their commitments on time.

Late is late, it doesnt matter if its late by an hour or late by a year.

Good businesses pay their bills on time when due.

So to answer your question late becomes a concern the very second its late and its also not the first time payments have been late from them.

As somebody above said, lets see how understanding other Premier League clubs are when Everton are late making payments, lets see how understanding HMRC are when Everton are late making payments.
Correct...its not a good look.

If you have nothing intelligent or fruitful to add to a discussion then perhaps dont embarass yourself by showing the world the only ace up your sleeve is to insult someone you dont agree with. 🤦‍♂️

When you have read up on 777 then come back to FB92 and let me know exactly why you're happy for them to own the club. Maybe its the late payments to their companies, cash flow problems or the allegations of kidnapping and fraud that has you particularly excited about them running us "professionally" lol
In all the years that I've been on this Forum, I have never reported anybody, wether I disagree with there posts, think they have gone beyond the boundaries with there opinions on certain matters, or are just trolling kopites.

But God you bring me close with your talking in the 3rd person 🥴

Good points. In the event we are able to go on a run starting with wins in the next two games and some surprising points by end October and we avoid a points deduction decision late October, the odds of relegation drop very sharply indeed.

In that case, the principal business risk is finding the funds at an attractive rate of interest to finish out BMD.

Late payments are really not that uncommon in business. The amount of times in my working life I've had people chasing late payment of an invoice is incredible and I've worked across loads of businesses and sectors.

That's not a defence of 777 but I just think sometimes these things can be framed to be a lot more negative than they actually are. They could actually have no money but it also could have just been some person in finance not processing the transfer in time...

There's a difference between a few invoices being paid late, and capital for transfer fees and league operations (BBL) not being funded. There's no way this is being held up by a clerk.

And relatively speaking, we're not talking about much money here.