777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wouldn't call them that. Pasko's a seasoned veteran of this game, with the education and the credentials. Not necessarily good credentials, mind you, but they show he knows how to play this game well.

The co-founders look like the classic old professor/grad student exchange of technical expertise for new ideas. Pasko knows how to fund things with minimum up-front investment at least cost, and Wander has his ear to the ground on where to find the best current opportunities to translate funding into cash. I don't think Wander's ideas are all sound, and he's certainly far closer to Donald Trump than I when it comes to willingness to take things to court, but he's probably a good match for someone like Pasko. Pasko is in the twilight of his career, with a short time horizon and a CV including the firm in Michael Lewis's Liar's Poker and the king of the junk bonds. It's well-documented that zero ethics was the order of the day at both firms.

I think 777 just tried to bite off more than they could chew this time, and it's probably for the best from their perspective. I have a hard time not seeing them getting wrecked in court for deceptive/not in good faith practices should the whole thing fall apart, which was a substantial possibility with their financing model. IMO, a purchase bet the company on us staying up without further investment. These are not people who want serious public scrutiny, and it was coming if we went down (and into administration) or if they bankrupted other assets to fund us staying up.

Of course, the whole thing could have been a smokescreen to increase their public profile. You had no idea who 777 Partners was, until now. Now you do.

Now I wish I’d still never heard of them……

Remember in the summer when you were going round telling everybody that Kenwright was irrelevant now as he was only staying in his role temporarily?

How did you fall for that one?
He is irrelevant.

Why do you think he isn't?

Can you point me in the direction of any evidence that Kenwright has been calling any shots at the club this summer?

He is irrelevant.

Why do you think he isn't?

Can you point me in the direction of any evidence that Kenwright has been calling any shots at the club this summer?
Oh he's still there pulling strings .

Moshiri gave him the Golden Ticket when he "persuaded" him to stay on .

I'd bet his grubby mits were all over MSP's failed takeover with Bill's Rights & MEDIA mates blocking it.

He's not gone til .....He's Gone.

Oh he's still there pulling strings .

Moshiri gave him the Golden Ticket when he "persuaded" him to stay on .

I'd bet his grubby mits were all over MSP's failed takeover with Bill's Rights & MEDIA mates blocking it.

He's not gone til .....He's Gone.

He's a hologram. There to take the flak that would go directly to Moshiri.

I doubt he even has contact with the club anymore.

This was one of the following scenarios:

1 - They never had the money to even buy Everton, so the whole saga was a media stunt for whatever reason (most probably to announce indirectly that Moshiri is now ready to sell the club)

2 - They do have the money so all the negative media talks about them are BS.

_____

It does look like scenario 1 is the outcome which is fine by me, it changes the whole situation, it is no longer the case of Moshiri waiting for the stadium built, he is now ready to take a big loss and sell now