777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Not won anything for almost 30 years, not even remotely challenged for anything in the same time frame, had a few "glorious seasons" were we managed to finish in the top-third of the league punching above our weight, but in reality we are utterly irrelevant to the Premier League's "big boys". We've spent about half a billion quid to go from relegation battle to relegation battle, sacking managers and DOFs with regularity, signing garbage players and looking awful on the pitch year after year, and we've arguably never been further away from a trophy in 30 years with zero clue, zero direction, utterly disfunctional at every level and an embarrassment in comparison to well run clubs like Brentford or Brighton who've over taken us by miles.

Is "tin pot" really that unfair an assessment, or am I 'obligated' to bury my head in the sand screeching "wErE a BiG cLuB" lest I be exiled to United because I happen to point out they are a global-level club/business and we are the corner shop equivalent.
We're badly run, and commercially there are certainly better teams than us in the league but we're not a 'tin pot' club and it's strange for a supposed 'fan' to be using that term whilst also blowing smoke up the hoop of rival clubs.

It is hard to put an exact value on the club. There will be the new stadium and that will probably have a value of around 750m if the estimates are to believed. After that there is the money that Moshiri will want for his stake in the club but he is hardly in a strong position to get top dollar for his share.

There are other factors also to be considered :

The examination that is currently ongoing into our finances would have a big bearing depending on it's outcome.
Our current difficult position in the league and our position in recent seasons again means that the valuation can be different things. Yes we are a premiership club and that has value in itself, but for how long and that would also affect the valuation.

I have not a clue what the deal is anymore than anyone else but my feeling is that Moshiri will get relatively little money upfront but as time passes and if certain targets are met then he will get more and more money for his share... almost like add ons in a players transfer.
If the targets are not met then he takes a hit as does everyone else.
They're just more reasons for a richer, better investor to come in.

Are we too big to fail though? We're one of the biggest clubs in the country, a club our size hasn't even been into administration, at least in England. The city of Liverpool could not afford to lose Everton.

If things were that bad we'd have had a fire sale and sold Pickford/Onana etc.

The reality is we have cashflow issues to get the stadium built and 777 would take the club on and likely flip it for a profit once we're in the stadium and there's more takers. Moshiri just wants to bounce now because he's lost his backer which makes the need more immediate.

nobody is to big for anything mate

We're badly run, and commercially there are certainly better teams than us in the league but we're not a 'tin pot' club and it's strange for a supposed 'fan' to be using that term whilst also blowing smoke up the hoop of rival clubs.
Pointing out that United is a global powerhouse in sporting terms and commercial terms is hardly 'blowing smoke' up their hoop. It's just a fact, like it or not. It is possible to be both a fan and recognise we're are at best a make-up-the-numbers club in the Prem and at worst the very definition of a 'tin pot' out fit. I highly doubt 1 club in the Prem would swap their situation for ours right now; that should say it all. Like it or not, what we've won 30+ years ago has very little relevancy in the modern game. We could back and forth all day. I say tomatoh you say tomatoe I guess.

Having to borrow 20 mill for cash flow is very worrying. It hints that there is 0 money in the club to meet ongoing commitments, it’s literally a loan to keep it all spinning for another month.

Need for short term debt for cash flow in a business that’s loss making is a massive red flag.

Well from something I read the club is currently "worth" 470m.

And it would require somebody to spend around 1.2billion to buy it, pay off the debts and finish the Stadium.

Not to mention the cash needed for the playing staff.

So around 1.5billion, for a Championship club.

As I say, nobody with any sense would touch us with a barge pole.
Got to disagree. The assets we have, ie the stadium and the potential we have as a club that is well run. Look at the state of City and Newcastle and Villa to name a few before new owners come in. What about Brighton, Brentford and more.

Having to borrow 20 mill for cash flow is very worrying. It hints that there is 0 money in the club to meet ongoing commitments, it’s literally a loan to keep it all spinning for another month.

Need for short term debt for cash flow in a business that’s loss making is a massive red flag.

it’s not sustainable how the f have we got this bad? its a disgrace

it’s not sustainable how the f have we got this bad? its a disgrace

All those 100s of millions of losses we made each year, is real money that comes from somewhere that has to be paid mate, while we did that we decided to build a £750 mill stadium, while simultaneously playing manager bingo every six months torpedoing the team - go to the Dyche thread lads still think manager bingo is a great idea, then we asset striped the team

In short skip fire fc.

All those 100s of millions of losses we made each year, is real money that comes from somewhere that has to be paid mate, while we did that we decided to build a £750 mill stadium, while simultaneously playing manager bingo every six months torpedoing the team, then asset stripping that.

In short skip fire fc.
Hence why people who actually thought the CEO, whose job is to control this and improve cash flow, was doing a good job are absolute idiots