6th place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait since when did this get so complicated

5th gets a spot.

Carling cup winner gets a spot, if its a 1-5 team, then 6th place gets it.

FA cup winner gets a spot, but if its a CL team, runner up gets it, and if the runner up is also a CL team, then it goes to 7th.

as i understand it, this hasn't changed yet. if united win the carling cup, then 6th place opens up, just like it did 2 years ago, and if 2 top 5 teams are in the FA cup final, then the 7th spot opens up, just like it did 2 years ago.

they scrapped the intertoto cup, so that's out, but what's the reason for people thinking things changed?

This guy right here is right, here.

wait since when did this get so complicated

5th gets a spot.

Carling cup winner gets a spot, if its a 1-5 team, then 6th place gets it.

FA cup winner gets a spot, but if its a CL team, runner up gets it, and if the runner up is also a CL team, then it goes to 7th.

as i understand it, this hasn't changed yet. if united win the carling cup, then 6th place opens up, just like it did 2 years ago, and if 2 top 5 teams are in the FA cup final, then the 7th spot opens up, just like it did 2 years ago.

they scrapped the intertoto cup, so that's out, but what's the reason for people thinking things changed?

Theyve changed to format of the Uefa cup,its now the Europa league, basically theyve merged the intertoto cup into and it looks like the champions league format now, I'm not sure.

I'm looking at 5th in all honesty, its definitely achievable. People who are looking at 6th lack ambition, sums Cal up really. No heart, no fight and no ambition.

6th is safe, we should be looking at 4th. Our run in on paper enables to mount a serious challenge to get in there.

4th just became more realistic - Arsenal have failed to land Arshavin and haven't strengthened at all during the window.

Villa will start to slide and Arsenal are there for the taking... Keep playing as well has we have done since before the turn of the year and we'll be playing Champs League next season.

4th just became more realistic - Arsenal have failed to land Arshavin and haven't strengthened at all during the window.

Villa will start to slide and Arsenal are there for the taking... Keep playing as well has we have done since before the turn of the year and we'll be playing Champs League next season.

Eduardo back for Arsenal in a couple of weeks will be huge for them

Eduardo back for Arsenal in a couple of weeks will be huge for them

Never sure about guys that've had a full season out.

Not only have they been out of action, but teams change their style to cope with the absence and they have to start from scratch again.

There's every chance that he'll be the next Alan Smith / Owen / vd Meyde and never be as good again.

I know but its wigan isnt it. And comparing fixtures...I'm not concerned at all

Quite right. Wigan are a slight threat to hinder us getting 6th place, so too are West Ham but we should not fear them. We have got most of our tough games out the way now although no games in th EPL are easy. We will finish no worse than sixth and possibly better because i feel Villa will begin to falter, there good run coupled with a lot of luck they have had, will surely run out.

Status
Not open for further replies.