6 New Players???

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think moyes is flexing his muscle.

im guessing here ........
moyes wont sign the contract on offer untill he see's the money.
he has 3 world class players in mind - 2 midfeilders and a striker
he wants them signed by the end of the usa trip.
no 3 signings = no signing of contract.

i think we are talking around 35-40 million here for the 3.

i then would expect moyes annual 'try before we buy' season long loans on 3 players. a keeper , a defender and another midfeilder.

to be honest the noise coming from moyes tells me he means businuess this year.the mad man is going for it big time.

old kenwright must be going crackers.
he has to find bumper cash for the manager or fear loosing him.
has lost his alley in wyness.
and is about to find out if the kirkby deal is on or off.
ez life:D

I believe that, if things go to plan for Moyes, then the signings will be along the lines of:

Moutinho.
M'bia or a different defensive midfielder (hopefully Cana).
A young striker - Ebanks-Blake or if there is somehow money available then Bent.
A Second keeper.
A surprise loan midfielder similar to Pienaar last year or perhaps Fernandes again.
Perhaps cover for defence, again a loan.

I, for one, would be very happy with the above signings with Rodwell, Gosling and maybe even Baxter adding competition for places and maybe pushing towards the team towards the end of the season and maybe even Andy Van making some impact once he has recovered from his new injury...

On the other hand, however, if the recent rumours are true then we could end up with a much, much weaker and depleted squad come the start of the season. But hopefully news of this reported 'big-name signing' which is supposedly today will lift the spirits on the forum :)

Last edited:
Chill Ghost

I have all of a sudden got a bad bad feeling. Why has Moyes changed his tune? All accounts he's in a really bad mood. Looks pissed off in that interview too.

Could he be emailing the club as we speak with his resignation? WTF? One moment he's happy Wyness is off cos he's going to sign the contract - the next he's saying were in a poor poor situation.

The Everton.tv interview shows the Echo really did mince the words of the interview for their own purpose. What it actually comes accross like is that he thinks we have trouble going forward (our attacking options).

Yes he seemed a little disappointed, but I have seen him really pissed before, and he actually seemed fine.

Id be concerned in his shoes, but as we have seen 3 weeks is a long time in football.

If we dont have anyone in by Blackburn on the 16th then I will be with you in being VERY concerned.

Lets see how it develops

(Im trying so hard to be optimistic - every forum is doom and gloom and Im not suprised people are getting depressed reading all this [Poor language removed] going on at EFC)

COYB ;)

Guys you are taking one quote from the echo, written buy a rs, known to report utter bullshit and believing every word he says. Moyes has said there is money, knows how much there is, has said we need players and is saying he is gonna sign his new contract. You believe what you want, i'll put my faith in moyes, thanks. Maybe his last interview he seemed miffed off because we lost the game and played [Poor language removed]?????

5-6 signings?

1 GK to act as backup to Howard.. Ochoa has been rumoured and the disastrous trial a few weeks back.

1 CD/RB Still see the RB as our back four weakest link.

1 DM M'Bia/Topol is in the frame, both would be good players on that position for us.. go for both perhaps?

1 CM/AM Moutinho looks likely and would really improve our side for years to come.

1 Striker. We need a replacement for AJ/McFadden... Bent?

I think the GK slot can/will be filled with a loanmove, and perhaps the CD/RB as well... if Moyes have the same open slots as I do of course.. :p

5-6 signings?

1 GK to act as backup to Howard.. Ochoa has been rumoured and the disastrous trial a few weeks back.

1 CD/RB Still see the RB as our back four weakest link.

1 DM M'Bia/Topol is in the frame, both would be good players on that position for us.. go for both perhaps?

1 CM/AM Moutinho looks likely and would really improve our side for years to come.

1 Striker. We need a replacement for AJ/McFadden... Bent?

I think the GK slot can/will be filled with a loanmove, and perhaps the CD/RB as well... if Moyes have the same open slots as I do of course.. :p

i wondered about a right back . but we have neville hibbert gosling yobo and jags who can all play there quite well.
my worry is that if we sign another right back then neville will be cm full time.
i think id rather sign 2 mid and keep nev at rb full time instead.

i wondered about a right back . but we have neville hibbert gosling yobo and jags who can all play there quite well.
my worry is that if we sign another right back then neville will be cm full time.
i think id rather sign 2 mid and keep nev at rb full time instead.

Just saying that RB is our weakest link in the backfour. I'm well aware we have players able to play there, but if we want to improve the team, that slot in the back4 is the easiest one to improve.

if we get moutinho would anyone be inclined to forget about a defencive mid and instead get a left winger in , and then moving arteta into the middle of a 5 man midfeild (his best position in his opinion) ?

<<<goes into champ manager mode

ie.

...........howard
neville yobo jags lescott
.....moutinho arteta
pienaar....cahill....'superstar'
............yakubu

back up
goal: ruddy , turner
defence: hibbert , baines , valente , irving , moulineax
midfeild:eek:sman , kissock , vdm , rodwell , gosling
attack: vaughan , anichebe , baxter , jutkiewicz

see , things cant be all bad. 2 players added and im thinking of champions league .lol

if we get moutinho would anyone be inclined to forget about a defencive mid and instead get a left winger in , and then moving arteta into the middle of a 5 man midfeild (his best position in his opinion) ?

ie.

...........howard
.....moutinho arteta
............yakubu

back up

see , things cant be all bad. 2 players added and im thinking of champions league .lol

I think Baines should get his chance ahead of Jags this season and a defensive midfielder is a must. Unless this superstar is over 7 foot or so look at how tiny that midfield is... I feel we definately need someone such as M'Bia, Cana or Topol.

ie.

...........howard
.....moutinho arteta
............yakubu

back up

Would place Lescott in the middle and Baines on LB and Jags on the bench.

And the benchplayers look a bit weak actually.. Irving, Moulineaux, kissock, Rodwell, Gosling, Baxter & Jutkiewicz are more reserves that A-team players even though they might have squadnumbers. VdM is injured or out of shape for most of the seasons, Ruddy and Turner, while I have hopes for them we need another experienced goalie. So on the bench we'd have the following with a decent amount of A-team experience: Hibbert, Valente, Jags, Osman, Vaughan & Anichebe. Not good enough in my book.

But the first 11 if in form, rested and motivated.... YUMMIE!

I think Baines should get his chance ahead of Jags this season and a defensive midfielder is a must. Unless this superstar is over 7 foot or so look at how tiny that midfield is... I feel we definately need someone such as M'Bia, Cana or Topol.

Of the 3 I'd prefer cana, he looks a much better player than the other 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.