6 + 2 Point Deductions

I think we should appeal but I don’t trust the premier league could give them the chance to send us down. if we survive by 1 point and then they up our points deduction from 2 to 4 when the season has finished.

If we all take our Everton hats off for a minute, PL has the chance to do the absolute funniest thing possible here and basically increase the punishment to a level that would relegate us after the season has ended. It would be the end of football but the fume would be all time, never to be beaten.

I think we should appeal but I don’t trust the premier league could give them the chance to send us down. if we survive by 1 point and then they up our points deduction from 2 to 4 when the season has finished.
Surely if we are safe at close of play on last day we could withdraw our appeal, may leave us vulnerable if forest are the team below us though

I don't expect to get anything back from that appeal, but it's worth doing if only to make the premier league look like complete morons.
Let's hope this wont actually matter by the time its decided and we are safe. Somehow if we need points back from the deduction to keep us up, i have a feeling they wouldnt give us any. But if Forest get anything back, we should do as Forest got away with somehow only getting 4.

From what I have been told the hotels along with the other properties that Ken Bates built around SB will all end up in the ownership of the ultimate holding company BlueCo22 and it is that company that will both fund and ultimately own the whole site. Ironically my understanding was that prior to the sale these hotels were actually owned by Fordstam ( which was RAs ultimate holding company) so I can only assume that they acquired them as part of the sale of all Fordstams interests to Chelsea Holdings

Indeed they have just spend £80 million buying land that lies behind the west stand and will be crucial if the re build takes place on the current site which is far from a given.

When RA got plans approved for the stadium rebuild the planning was always to build a platform over the underground providing access from the site to Fulham Broadwey

Even as a Chelsea supporter I struggle to see who easily Bohley has driven a coach and horse’s through this part of P&S in that a simple transaction such as this can by pass the basic principle but the only thing it appear that can’t be treated this way is a stadium.
Selling off a few things makes sense to balance the books. It would be interesting to see what might have happened if they continued to do this as a cycle - sell an asset to CFC cheap, then buy it back for more a few years later. Do this with a cycle of 3 or 4 assets and there is a neverending stream of profit coming in to the club, just so long as the other companies under the umbrella can take the loss without impacting them somehow.

I don't expect to get anything back from that appeal, but it's worth doing if only to make the premier league look like complete morons.
Having read the first verdict I think we have a few avenues to pursue to get points back:

1: in the first case, the appeal board criticised the first IC for making up their own rules without sufficient regard for existing precedent (primarily from EFL cases). In terms of double jeopardy this is exactly what they’ve done again: they made up their own rule rather than adopt the EFL precedent. Under the EFL precedent our previous losses would be capped and we wouldn’t even have breached. This is a route to zero points.

2: the amount of mitigation accepted should have lead to a greater reduction in sentence - they accepted that we had plead guilty early, and accepted Ukraine war mitigation but only gave one point COMBINED for these. We could argue for a point each for an extra one back.

3. Proportionality to Forest: our IC basically accept that our case is disproportionate to the points given for scale of breach to Forest. However our IC said that’s because their IC was wrong. We’ll have things to say about that in the light of their appeal.