6 + 2 Point Deductions

It's mad. Honestly, back at the start of the season I never thought it would come to this. At most I thought 3 points and a fine. But I didn't really think it would even be that. More points than administration is/was totally out of proportion. The club had this mindset too.

These "sustainability" rules have ruined us and makes it far more difficult to get out of the rutt. We've lost millions from league positions and the league has missed out on fine money. Instead our league winnings are going to the likes of Fulham.

Millions lost on legal fees for both us and the league.

The transfer market has gone completely dead. No more deadline day excitement.

It makes it a lot harder for us to find investment/sponsorship.

More misery for us fans.

It's a lose lose situation for us and the league. The only beneficiaries being the richest 6...

Our whole argument was pretty much dismissed, but the whole league is going to go pop at this rate. We were just the first and now they're going to change the rules. It's scandalous. We really should be considering legal action.
The bottom paragraph, if you have some sadistic sense of “if we go down then let’s take all of them down” mentality then let’s see the league burn.

All a mess created by masters and the cabal of red shirted cartel with the other three hanging on by the coat tails.

Just win 4 home games against garbage teams and this whole thing becomes moot

The whole club needs to stop feeling sorry for itself and stick it's chest out
12 or so points in 8 matches where we’re playing the 5 worst teams in the league, 4 of whom we have at home, should see us safe unless we have a wild points deduction so really if we can’t do that, we still have ourselves to blame.

Haven't won in 13 games but we can win 4 out of the last 8 ?

I know they are relatively easy fixtures but in all honesty can you see it?

Best we can hope for is a couple of wins and 3 draws.

Then that will be enough, because clearly Luton can’t be capable of winning 4 of their last 7 games either if we’re using the logic that an upturn in form is impossible.

I find that opposition fans think we're crying about the position we're in. We're not. We're bang to rights.

What we, now Forest, are crying about mostly is how the PL have ran and created the whole mess who are now finding out how poor it's been to then change it.

It's bizarre to punish teams with points (that are made up with each review) in a system that doesn't work that they're changing ASAP

Thanks for the pep talk. Not exactly Shakespeare's Henry V speech on St Crispin's Day. Unfortunately, reality intrudes. These players individually, and as a collective, aren't good enough. We have consistently failed to beat "garbage" teams at home this season, and in some cases actually lost to them such as Luton and Fulham. We will end the season the way we have done too many times, hoping other teams do the work for us by relying on them to get results against our rivals. My fear is that we have been to the well too many times and our luck must run out sometime. I would be really worried even without a looming points deduction on Monday.

I can't see it - I know just how garbage we are

But basically, this thing is in our own hands

It's about time the professionals at Everton Football Club starting doing the jobs they get paid for

Thanks for the pep talk. Not exactly Shakespeare's Henry V speech on St Crispin's Day. Unfortunately, reality intrudes. These players individually, and as a collective, aren't good enough. We have consistently failed to beat "garbage" teams at home this season, and in some cases actually lost to them such as Luton and Fulham. We will end the season the way we have done too many times, hoping other teams do the work for us by relying on them to get results against our rivals. My fear is that we have been to the well too many times and our luck must run out sometime. I would be really worried even without a looming points deduction on Monday.
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now wet the bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day."

Then that will be enough, because clearly Luton can’t be capable of winning 4 of their last 7 games either if we’re using the logic that an upturn in form is impossible.
Agreed provided we don't get a huge further points deduction and we don't lose to Luton

I can see them beating Bournemouth tomorrow so we have to match them. They’ve got home games against Fulham, Brentford and us who’ve they’ve beaten twice so it’s definitely up to us to get the points and not rely on others not to.

Unlikely but crazy things can happen at this point in the season. Teams resting players, players thinking about holidays or moves away from clubs so not putting in the 50/50s.