6 + 2 Point Deductions

Yeah, if you want to defend FFP as a concept it's that it's designed to stop maniac owners going rogue with their spending in a way that could bring a club to its knees. There's no doubt the biggest culprit of this was Moshiri, and based on his madness last year, Marinakis isn't far behind. So in a sense it's targeting the right people. That's not to say the details of the rules or the sanctions are perfectly fair but there is a legit goal behind it too.

Also whatever you think of it, if the FFP rules hadn't stopped Moshiri spending from 21/22 he'd have probably kept on going and we'd have been in even worse shape today now his taps have been turned off.
Utd are billions in debt where there charge

Don’t know why we’re arsed anymore. Everton FC are happy with the outcome as they proved they didn’t deceive anyone.
Everton, just proved themselves to be as idiotic as ever in their disgraceful roll over and tickle my tummy statement.

no other club would have been as compliant or as cuckolded in their approach to this, not one.

Everton, just proved themselves to be as idiotic as ever in their disgraceful roll over and tickle my tummy statement.

no other club would have been as compliant or as cuckolded in their approach to this, not one.
People who have something to hide usually don’t kick up a fuss. Something is not right. Not everything is being told or revealed to the public.

Maybe it’s to do with Usmanov? All has gone quiet about what has happened to the money from Abramovich’s sale of Chelsea hasn’t it but it’s all gone to needy Ukraine soldiers and families, don’t you know. Russian billionaires are always doing that with their money.

I get that but it’s about profit and you can’t make profit if your a billion in debt, they should be forced to wipe that debt out as all clubs should
Maybe, but then I think the sustainability element is more the emphasis than the profit. United are not in any danger of insolvency, their business can sustain a lot more debt than ours can.

The implementation and balance of FFP can be debated but the stated aim is to deter reckless, unsustainable spending that could lead to insolvency. It’s hard to deny that describes the Moshiri years, and here we are genuinely worried about administration if we can’t get a credible buyer.

It’s also the case that if FFP hadn’t constrained us from 21/22 then instead of being on the brink of insolvency we might be there already. The PL would argue that’s the system working.

There’s a lot that needs to change about the system, it needs to move to a Spanish style preventative model rather than a punitive one. But it’s also very arguable that on balance we’d be even worse off than we already are without FFP.

Maybe, but then I think the sustainability element is more the emphasis than the profit. United are not in any danger of insolvency, their business can sustain a lot more debt than ours can.

The implementation and balance of FFP can be debated but the stated aim is to deter reckless, unsustainable spending that could lead to insolvency. It’s hard to deny that describes the Moshiri years, and here we are genuinely worried about administration if we can’t get a credible buyer.

It’s also the case that if FFP hadn’t constrained us from 21/22 then instead of being on the brink of insolvency we might be there already. The PL would argue that’s the system working.

There’s a lot that needs to change about the system, it needs to move to a Spanish style preventative model rather than a punitive one. But it’s also very arguable that on balance we’d be even worse off than we already are without FFP.
Great post. Horrific to think, and few will admit it, but its true.