6 + 2 Point Deductions

View attachment 246001

Anyone know anything about this?
365b15821967599d32fe8451406fcfba0c6f35fe.gifv

Last year the fixtures for the current season were announced mid-June. I assume for the necessary time for clubs, broadcasters and supporters to plan for the following season.

If [Poor language removed] Masters and cohort wish to do similar this coming summer, then this needs to be sorted sooner, rather than later.

This includes any appeals and, I assume, the conclusion of possible court/legal action.

Saying the obvious... We're at mid-February with only 4 months to conclude everything. I'm thinking that there isn't enough time.

Fun times ahead. Will they allow 2024/25 season to start late? There must be much backroom chit chat going on.

'Prepare for the worst?'

The worst for whom, though?

You could argue that every outcome is bad for the Premier League.

Either it's upheld and anger rises amongst Evertonians and sympathisers, or it's struck down / reduced and the PL look weak / indecisive / incompetent.
Yup. The PL might want to try to mitigate bad press if the apparel was successful as it makes them look utterly ridiculous. Of course it could be either way but if their original decision stands then surely its a vindication for them.

Yup. The PL might want to try to mitigate bad press if the apparel was successful as it makes them look utterly ridiculous. Of course it could be either way but if their original decision stands then surely its a vindication for them.
I think since the initial decision was announced, what the PL has wanted more than anything is for this to go away with the minimum amount of damage to the organisation.

Getting out the other side of this without independent regulation being imposed is the goal - and they'll want the least dramatic route to that.

What that means for us though, is open to debate.

If the original decision stands and then they change all the rules to avoid charging Chelsea and City then they look even more ridiculous than if they just reverse this decision.

Agree with this mate

From a Forest point of view...

In the absence of any formulae, and a reluctance to apply a sensible notion of sporting advantage, or give much credence to any aggregating or mitigating factors, the only things left to the commission looking at the Forest position will be to look at the original Everton decision and appeal outcome and use that as basis for our punishment.

On that basis, general feeling from our fan base is a hope (and TBH, an expectation) that you get some points back - I honestly can't see a position where you get the full 10 back cos it just seems like too much of a climb down - but equally 10 points just feels plain wrong.

Suspect our initial punishment will be in same ballpark as your post appeal amount. If we get around 6 then it'll be a straight fight against Luton which we'd expect to win (we are loads better than when we played you last time out). Anymore than that and it'd probably be too much

General mood is being f**ked off by our ownership for getting us into this position, despite multiple statements saying it was being managed. As opposed to anger at the EPL although that could change if the punishment is high. A lot will depend on the written commission report - to see just how badly we managed it.

Don't know about you, but for us, it was a rough season before the announcement we were being referred. Mood now is very low, not because of some on field stuff going against us, but mainly because of the uncertainty of the whole shambolic EPL PSR rules and associated process.