6 + 2 Point Deductions

Masters is one of 5 directors who sit on the PL board. There are 21 shareholders the 20 clubs and the FA each old one share each

None of the directors are shareholders . Masters was automatically appointed one due to his role as CEO

The directors don’t have the power to forcibly remove him from his position it would require a 75% vote of shareholders at a special resolution to sack him. There is no other route save him going bankrupt or not having mental capacity to force him out but of course he could resign

Millions watch MNF.

Millions more around the world watching the only Prem televised game on Monday.

Do the Prem want that entire audience being told their product is corrupt?

There's no way on god's earth we'd hear tomorrow or Friday that we get 0 points back, when it could be announced next week.

Of course they did. Basic mitigation stuff.

I think that everybody realises that a decision that goes against Everton again is going to cause a huge furore for every game until the end of the season.
I don't think that can controlled by anyone, if they wanted minimum publicity they should defer the decision until the end of the season but they can't do that for lots of reasons.

My honest opinion is that we are all clutching at straws trying to read significance into everything we hear and read when nobody has a clue what the outcome will be and I don't expect any leaks until the decision is announced.

Well that's what I'm saying.

Sky snidely implied they were avoiding Goodison for their own safety a few months back.

We already protest the PL every single game, what more is there to fear beyong further boos and demonstrations?

If I'm the Premier League and I can decide when the outcome of the appeal is made public - if I think it'll attract criticism, I release it at an opportune time that limits publicity around that criticism and that's not in the days before Everton are televised on a Monday night. Millions will be watching and the appeal outcome will be the biggest punditry/story of that game.

Baffled that anyone would think the Premier League wouldn't be arsed about coverage.

As I said, even soft arse twigged it;

Screenshot_20240214_174539_X.jpg

I've said a few times I think it'll be released on a Friday afternoon too. That's intentional. Just like the original release was.

In my opinion, it's bad news if it's not announced this week.

If not this week, it'll be because it's deferred to get beyond Monday's MNF audience.
I think you're reading a bit too much into things mate. The simplest and most obvious explanation for it not being announced is that it's not been completed.

It's honestly not been a very long time for the work they need to do. It was a three day hearing during which we will have been able to raise a lot of arguments against the original verdict, some simple (it's disproportionate), some technical. Now they need to go through them all, consider them, and reach a consensus (if possible) between them, then reach a consensus on what their overall verdict is and what adjustments they are making to the original sanction. Then they need to produce a full, reasoned verdict like we got last time.

Today is the 8th working day since the hearing ended and it honestly isn't a lot of time for all that to get done.

It isn't a bad thing if it takes time either: these are our arguments and we want them to take time to consider them all properly, and the more they are agreeing with us and amending the original verdict presumably the more they need to put into their reasoned verdict. Dismissing our arguments out of hand would be the quickest thing, but the worst outcome. IMO it is in no way cause for alarm if the verdict takes a while.

I think you're reading a bit too much into things mate. The simplest and most obvious explanation for it not being announced is that it's not been completed.

It's honestly not been a very long time for the work they need to do. It was a three day hearing during which we will have been able to raise a lot of arguments against the original verdict, some simple (it's disproportionate), some technical. Now they need to go through them all, consider them, and reach a consensus (if possible) between them, then reach a consensus on what their overall verdict is and what adjustments they are making to the original sanction. Then they need to produce a full, reasoned verdict like we got last time.

Today is the 8th working day since the hearing ended and it honestly isn't a lot of time for all that to get done.

It isn't a bad thing if it takes time either: these are our arguments and we want them to take time to consider them all properly, and the more they are agreeing with us and amending the original verdict presumably the more they need to put into their reasoned verdict. Dismissing our arguments out of hand would be the quickest thing, but the worst outcome. IMO it is in no way cause for alarm if the verdict takes a while.
At last, some rational analysis.

Personally never bought the "If its this week - Its Good news. Or if "Its next week" its bad news stuff. In he same way i never bought the KC or whatever he is called been at Goodison at good news or bad, same for people saying these litle pieces of news about Masters using the ukraine war stuff as him back tracking because it means we may have won the appeal, or Dyche been on TV mentioning the 10poinst thing either. Think to many are twisting little things into it meaning something either way for me, anyway - all we ever heard was it could be mid feb we heard something, but it should be before the end of feb

I'm not saying it's a definite, clearly.

What I'm saying is the Premier League will time the release to their benefit.

As they did first time around.

You do know the 10 point penalty was known days before they released it on that Friday don't you? They delayed the announcement - for their own reasons.

Anyone who has ever worked in any PR capacity will tell you Friday afternoon is when your release news you want mitigating.

My own opinion and gut feeling is we'll hear this week if it's good news (all points back or most points back). If it's bad news (IMO, less than half), it'll be after Tuesday next week - most likely Friday.

If I'm the Premier League and I can decide when the outcome of the appeal is made public - if I think it'll attract criticism, I release it at an opportune time that limits publicity around that criticism and that's not in the days before Everton are televised on a Monday night. Millions will be watching and the appeal outcome will be the biggest punditry/story of that game.

Baffled that anyone would think the Premier League wouldn't be arsed about coverage.

As I said, even soft arse twigged it;

View attachment 245972

I've said a few times I think it'll be released on a Friday afternoon too. That's intentional. Just like the original release was.

I agree they were intentional about doing it during an international break first time around.

Also get how they might wait until after Palace to spare some blushes and I like you think we'll hear after that game.

Disagree with the language choice used by Carragher of them "fearing the reaction". Think inadvertently it suggests something more untoward than boos and corrupt banners.

I also disagree that if we don't find out before Palace then it must be an unsuccessful appeal. The PL have already been made to look like idiots, for arguments sake, imagine we are given all 10 back. For us that's the best possible news, the Premier League still look like clowns in that case, and Evertonians won't be thanking the PL for our hard-earned points back, I imagine we'd still be directing chants, boos and banners at them.

Obviously, none of us know the outcome of the appeal, I just don't necessarily think that hearing post-Palace means it will be bad news.

My Mrs has got ready for night out quicker than the appeals board has come to a decision and releasing it.

The only thing I don't buy about releasing it before the Monday game due to a fear of a backlash is that the next game and the game after that and the game after that is televised to the overseas market. Do they honestly think we will forget about it after one game?

Inappropriate Language
I was saying it'll likely be a points deduction in November mate and the reasons why when your friends on Twitter were telling everyone it wasn't anything to be concerned about.

Without any doubt whatsoever the Premier League will carefully plan the release of the appeal outcome - including the timing. They did first time around, and they'll do so again now.

In my opinion, if it was good news it would come this week.
Granted, they'll take their time and plan for impact (big or small for that matter)

But, there's always two ways of looking at it.

The other would be....The appeal was successful points back in some form or other. Let's say they got the decision last week, as some are saying (not beyond the realms). So. They're using the time now and perhaps until next week to prepare for the ensuing [Poor language removed] storm and a way through thereafter.

Coz. Whichever way you look at it. It's big for us. But let's not forget.
This is a BIG moment for the PL and the payMASTERS.