6 + 2 Point Deductions

The timing of Masters comments about Ukraine are interesting. Wonder if the appeal is going to accept the mitigation around the loss of sponsorship and agree that we would have been within the FFP boundaries had this not been lost.

Masters will no doubt say that he didn’t make the decision to brush this off in the initial hearing as it was an independent panel but the right conclusion has been made in the end given the issues around Ukraine he has already made clear.

Still allows them to pursue Forest and doesn’t write off FFP completely.

A very optimistic approach I agree but we can live in hope.
He might get away with saying it’s made his job harder, and must have made clubs jobs harder, and it was the IC not him that shafted us. But our mitigations were only a “thing” because the PL disputed and fought against them before and during the hearing. So he would be lying. They refuted this mitigation and the IC agreed. Same with all our arguments. If the PL accepted them, the IC can’t say we are both wrong.

But that is his cleanest way out of it as most fans and pundits don’t care for facts.

Bobble has said that the Prem don’t even know the outcome so how can they choose to defer it because they’re scared of MNF?

I was saying it'll likely be a points deduction in November mate and the reasons why when your friends on Twitter were telling everyone it wasn't anything to be concerned about.

Without any doubt whatsoever the Premier League will carefully plan the release of the appeal outcome - including the timing. They did first time around, and they'll do so again now.

In my opinion, if it was good news it would come this week.

I was saying it'll likely be a points deduction in November mate and the reasons why when your friends on Twitter were telling everyone it wasn't anything to be concerned about.

Without any doubt whatsoever the Premier League will carefully plan the release of the appeal outcome - including the timing. They did first time around, and they'll do so again now.

What are you on about? lol

Wasn’t that the Esk anyway?

I dunno how to do it ...but somebody please post that video Everton just dropped on YouTube..."Thank You Everton in the Community "
Enuf said about how our club spends money !
A good as that video is, EITC is an entirely separate entity from Everton FC, their finances being completely independant.
Will post in the club media thread
Post in thread 'Official Club media thread'
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/official-club-media-thread.110424/post-11100650

I don’t really buy that when our next game after the original points deduction was at home to (arguably) the biggest club in the world live on sky sports.

If we don’t get a good outcome, we will protest every game ongoing and a low viewing figure Monday night match against Palace won’t even register

Has anyone told the Premier League that we have other home games from now until the end of the season?

Millions watch MNF.

Millions more around the world watching the only Prem televised game on Monday.

Do the Prem want that entire audience being told their product is corrupt?

There's no way on god's earth we'd hear tomorrow or Friday that we get 0 points back, when it could be announced next week.

They also timed it for an international break when there’d be no prem fixtures for a week.

Of course they did. Basic mitigation stuff.

I don’t really buy that when our next game after the original points deduction was at home to (arguably) the biggest club in the world live on sky sports.

If we don’t get a good outcome, we will protest every game ongoing and a low viewing figure Monday night match against Palace won’t even register

Was on a Friday of an international break before it and they underestimated the corrupt/strength of response IMO.

They were very wary about the press release and delayed as our Geordie friend on here who told us it's 10 points said.

Has anyone told the Premier League that we have other home games from now until the end of the season?

Yeah the "fearing the MNF reaction" doesn't stack up, they tried to do this by doing it over the international break before United and it didn't work.

In fact, people perpetuating that theory are perpetuating the lie our ex-board spread that Evertonians are thugs that we shouldn't rile up for safety concerns.

Last edited:
Yeah the "fearing the MNF reaction" doesn't stack up, they tried to do this by doing it over the international break before United and it didn't work.

In fact, people perpetuating that theory are perpetuating the lie our ex-board spread Evertonians are thugs that we shouldn't rile up for safety concerns.

What nonsense.

Fan protests/main TV coverage damaging a brand isn't the same not attending for fearing for lives.

The Premier League have been pulling rank with Sky Sports over coverage around appeal.

What nonsense.

Fan protests/main TV coverage damaging a brand isn't the same not attending for fearing for lives.

The Premier League have been pulling rank with Sky Sports over coverage around appeal.

Well that's what I'm saying.

Sky snidely implied they were avoiding Goodison for their own safety a few months back.

We already protest the PL every single game, what more is there to "fear" beyond further boos and demonstrations?

I don't think there is anything more to fear other than that, but people saying stuff like "fearing the reaction" implies more.

Last edited:
Millions watch MNF.

Millions more around the world watching the only Prem televised game on Monday.

Do the Prem want that entire audience being told their product is corrupt?

There's no way on god's earth we'd hear tomorrow or Friday that we get 0 points back, when it could be announced next week.

Of course they did. Basic mitigation stuff.

But they’ve been told that every time we’ve been on telly anyway lol