6 + 2 Point Deductions

We didn't do the same back in 92.

And 6 points is fair for a league that has never done this thing before and doesn't know what to do. Every man and his dog has said 10 is harsh.

The EFL have defined rules and have mainly dished out 6 for P&S and 10-12 for administration or a combination of factors.

10 solely down to £19.5mill above P&S threshold is something the EFL wouldn't have done
Derby got 9 points for misrepresenting the value of their stadium, we have gone way beyond that. We have been punished because of the financial mismanagement of the owners and the board, not because of a witch hunt.

As for 92 we jettisoned the rest of the Leagues for money, how is that different to the ESL.

Flags and Banners won't do......

We need to really think of ideas that won't end up costing a fortune in fines .....

I bet the premier league have been on to Sky already warning them to not show anything that paints them in bad light....

We really need to think outside the box here
You do know the club has admitted that we breached P&S rules. You do know that similar breaches of FFP rules in the EFL have resulted in similar punishments.

I wrote the following pompous garbage a week or so ago, (on the other thread - now closed). So just acknowledging my judgement was miles off - to put it mildly.

Totally shocked when the news came through - I still think we'll survive this season, even if there is no reduction of the penalty on appeal.

UTFT

They'll punish us and then change the rules and let city off.
Can everybody with a persecution complex come back on this thread and hold their hands up and admit they were wrong when the final verdict is announced? I for one don't expect any points deduction and obviously I'll hold my hands up, should the need arise.
I find these self-indulgent comments slightly tiresome.

UTFT

If Brands was unable to sell players for significant fees in the summer of 2020 then it was utter madness to crack on and purchase another four at the cost of £61 million plus additional wages. I just don’t think Moshiri and the Board took breaching PSR seriously enough until it was too late. For me what they did was unforgivable.

If Brands was unable to sell players for significant fees in the summer of 2020 then it was utter madness to crack on and purchase another four at the cost of £61 million plus additional wages. I just don’t think Moshiri and the Board took breaching PSR seriously enough until it was too late. For me what they did was unforgivable.
So no statue or lounge naming for Bill now - at least we can all agree on that now.

Do PL take no responsibility for rubber stamping Moshiri as a fit and proper owner ?

I guess club may have felt they'd get at least £20m for Gylffi Sigurdsson or another of that level if they needed it - just saying like.

Didn't we pay £15M for Neal Maupay? Its as if we have been trying to get relegated !

So no statue or lounge naming for Bill now - at least we can all agree on that now.

Do PL take no responsibility for rubber stamping Moshiri as a fit and proper owner ?

I guess club may have felt they'd get at least £20m for Gylffi Sigurdsson or another of that level if they needed it - just saying like.

Didn't we pay £15M for Neal Maupay? Its as if we have been trying to get relegated !
We spent 15m on maupay becase we were desperate and couldn’t afford more.

Flags and Banners won't do......

We need to really think of ideas that won't end up costing a fortune in fines .....

I bet the premier league have been on to Sky already warning them to not show anything that paints them in bad light....

We really need to think outside the box here
I was thinking this.
I just feel we need to be a little bit wiser and step back to look at this. Where are we going with the demonstration ?, is it against the Premier league who have " rightly " found us guilty, is it our own board who will bear the brunt , frustration, and in the end , admitted our guilt ?.
Or are we to take up the fight against other clubs who are clearly cooking the books, part of the break away six.there's other clubs to do that, so let them imo.

Totally agree that our punishment is ridiculous, and out of order ,we have support from the majority of the footballing world.
but we need to be mature and careful how we address our response. Keep level headed , if you like, keep our temper. Whoever is in the process of organising the fans response with banners, flags,etc, the response needs to be clever, pitch invasions etc is not the answer, I quite like the thought of tennis balls at kick off though I do admit !!.
Evertonians are not stupid and should not let our anger override our protests, that imo, would not end well.