6 + 2 Point Deductions

This escalated quickly. Not long ago the board were saying we’ve been working with the PL and they have been giving the nod to the players we’ve bought, to now deduct 10 points.

I was thinking this.
I just feel we need to be a little bit wiser and step back to look at this. Where are we going with the demonstration ?, is it against the Premier league who have " rightly " found us guilty, is it our own board who will bear the brunt , frustration, and in the end , admitted our guilt ?.
Or are we to take up the fight against other clubs who are clearly cooking the books, part of the break away six.there's other clubs to do that, so let them imo.

Totally agree that our punishment is ridiculous, and out of order ,we have support from the majority of the footballing world.
but we need to be mature and careful how we address our response. Keep level headed , if you like, keep our temper. Whoever is in the process of organising the fans response with banners, flags,etc, the response needs to be clever, pitch invasions etc is not the answer, I quite like the thought of tennis balls at kick off though I do admit !!.
Evertonians are not stupid and should not let our anger override our protests, that imo, would not end well.

….agree, its a balance of protesting whilst keeping folk onside. Something in the 10th minute of games seems obvious but it needs to be well managed and organised.

I’d like to see local MPs supporting the cause. More specifically, asking for sight of e-mails, texts etc between the PL and tribunal as this ruling seems far from ‘independent’. We Need to know the individuals on the Tribunal, their background and qualification to adjudicate. It’s all got a bad smell about it.

….I’m sure I’m not alone in having a restless night and feeling like I’ve had a kicking this morning.
I'm actually the opposite, I honestly don't care that much.

I get live coverage of every EPL game and apart from Everton I don't think I've watched a full game all season. I have just lost interest in the premier league as a whole. I have watched 2 champions league games this century, and that is only because my son wanted to watch them with me.

A lot of people are saying they can see the day when football will eat itself, that day happened for me many years ago

This is where it gets really silly. The teams who were breaking away were breaking away from the Champions League. They were remaining in the Premier League.

The bizarre bit is the breakaway was when the Premier League broke away from the Football League. Guess who was right at the centre of that breakaway. Us you clown.

Sir Philip Carter: Everton chairman who helped transform domestic football as a leader of the group that founded the Premier League​

More controversially, he combined his football and business acumen as a prime mover in the formation of the Premier League.

The breakaway league, which has become the world’s most lucrative domestic competition since the split with the Football League in 1992, had its origins in meetings which Carter organised as far back as 1980. Interviewed by journalist Joe Lovejoy for the book Glory, Goals and Greed: Twenty Years of the Premier League, he revealed that he and representatives of Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur met officials from Celtic and Rangers that year to discuss a possible “Super League”.

Does that make us part of the scab four.

No? It was a new league that replaced tbh original top division. Every club had access to it.

….agree, its a balance of protesting whilst keeping folk onside. Something in the 10th minute of games seems obvious but it needs to be well managed and organised.

I’d like to see local MPs supporting the cause. More specifically, asking for sight of e-mails, texts etc between the PL and tribunal as this ruling seems far from ‘independent’. We Need to know the individuals on the Tribunal, their background and qualification to adjudicate. It’s all got a bad smell about it.

You'll get nothing from the local MP's.

As a staunch labour supporter, they're too comfortable having the safest seats in the country.

Isn't Alison McGovern the shadow of sport or something?

19.5 million...we've had the book thrown at us over what is essentially nothing in football these days..
The reality is they have potentially relegated us although the concensus is that we'll get out of it this time, the possibility is still there that we go down.. the financial cost of that to the club far outweighs any infringement, 19.5 million overspend.

The one thing that irks me is that the people who can or should answer in defense the club as part of their own responsibilities and left with a very hefty payout by the club. The club should have just used the Chelsea argument that the people who made certain decisions are no longer with the club.

A lot have to answer. Moshri is the obvious one. But i was sick of reading brands had nothing to do with any of the stupid transfers that are part of the whole package that got us here. I know it has nothing to do with the review by the panel but 20m + for the likes of Ben Godfrey. 30 odd million for the likes of alex iwobi. Its a shame the report doesnt pin point what idiot was sanctioning these deals as its never been made clear. As much as i think Everton have been made a scapegoat/test case here, 10 points for what is it, 19m over the ceiling of profit and sustainability is ridiculous, you have to look back at the clowns who all have their fingerprints on this.
If its good enough for Chelsea it should have been good Enough for Everton to turn around and say we've been working with you for the past 2 years. Our net spend in the last 4 transfer windows has been zero. We've sold two players for 100m.
Thats whats really pissing me off. The cooperation has got us nothing but a record points deduction while City are just sticking two fingers up to them and saying we're showing you nothing and Chelsea are assigning responsibilty to a previous regime.
I just cant get my head around the record points deduction for the amount thats actualy gone over the FFP ceiling.

Look where we are mate. Rock bottom with Burnley. To expect this lot to go out and rack up another 34-36 points to give us a chance of staying up is insane.

That's not going to happen, so we're going to have to hope that Sheff Utd, Luton and Burnley don't get near another 30 points. ATM that looks a tall order for them, but I would say it's likely that one of them will get their act together and go on a run. Then we'll see panic at this club.

I see us panicking and cracking.
Dave, with respect, you are doing exactly that.

We have no idea of whether an appeal will be succesful and although our position is now indeed perilous we have demonstrated that we can grind out wins and have time remaining this season to carry this on and out perform at least 3 other terrible teams.

I can't stop you assuming the absolute worst case scenarios for the coming months (you may even be proved right) but there is still hope for our Premier League survival if you look hard enough and that's what I choose to do.

Though still wanting to be part of this stinking mess of what the PL has become ... that's another story.