6 + 2 Point Deductions

It is the ridiculous spending on bang-average players that will see us go under. I think the P&S rules have probably saved us from being in an even bigger mess. We have been run by an idiot of an owner who has destroyed the club.

Thought this was about the interest on new stadium loans ? And the Premier league allowing us to use them one year but not the next.

What was west ham again they had two players who should not been able to play. Just dont get why points if it has to do with buying players why not a transfer ban. Should be money not points
It is to do with all of our actions not just related to buying players.

We had sig, the interest on the stadium, halfwit clowns in charge, auditors who would not sign off the accounts, a blue coloured strip.

The more I think about it, the more it’s entirely punishment for the fans.

The Owner who caused it is selling up.
The Chairman who was involved has passed away.
The Board who oversaw it all, have all left the club.
The DOF who was in place has also left.

So not a single one of them is being punished. And they actively avoided punishing Moshiri because they didn’t want to give a financial penalty when the owner is wealthy.

Real minor gripe, whenever teams have point deductions before the league table has them with an asterisk to explain that.

Not seen yet on any of the updated tables.
skysportstable.jpg

If the appeal gets rejected is this something we can take to CAS as City did a few years back? They would actually be independent.
the law is generally reluctant to get involved in sport and lets it sort itself out, however, as these are billion pound businesses, if you don't get the answer you want from the sport's arbitrators, you may have a case for restriction of trade or other business tort law.

Any other year and I'd send out the kids to finish the season - lose 10 nil - I don't care - I'd just want to shame the PL every week.
Not this year though with the new ground vital to our future.
We'll do what we always do when attacked by the gutless establishment. It makes us stronger. They'll never beat us on the pitch - and I can see this giving us another siege mentality and surviving easily.
I'm all for an independent overseer of football business by the way. City and Chelsea will face more points penalties than us. Unless their owners sponsor the sofa's in their lounge and find another billion to spend.

You know what?
I'm glad this is over and we now know our punishment and think ourselves lucky the deduction has come out of this seasons points tally as even with 10 points off, we should still stay up.
The bottom line is this and has been for seasons, we are shambles, we have been badly almost criminally run.
There are no 'conspiracy theories' or shady deep state dark forces trying to keep us down, we've done self-sabotage like no other club.
It makes me sick to my stomach that Moshiri is the owner and it makes sicker still to know that Usmanov money was connected to our club.
We've had a fortune in unearned income and we wasted it due to terrible decision making over a long period of time.
We were the idiots who had a bank refund to the tune of a fortune that wasn't ours and we went round every shop paying 2 grand for a 30 quid jacket.Time and time again and then it got called in and we'd squandered it.
Any club that was paying compensation to about 5 managers all at the same time needs to look inward rather than outward.
All I want both now and in the medium term is that charlatan Moshiri out and replaced with a responsible ownership.
Given that he will take just about any offer on the table, my fear is that the pain hasn't ended yet.
We now know where we stand on the field, we are 19th with 4 points, Burnley, Sheffield United and at least one other team are that bad that we should stay up.
It could have been far, far worse.
No 777 ownership.
Let Dyche carry on doing what he does best,which is picking up points here and there as sacking yet another manager is idiocy.
Other clubs with our kind of fortune have prospered, we couldn't attract Wasps to Jam.
Regroup, we now know the outcome and make sure we stay up.