6 + 2 Point Deductions

It should just be a transfer ban, length should be subject to the degree of the breach.

Financial penalties don't make sense (clubs in actual financial peril won't be able to afford it, larger clubs/owners will treat it as a tax).

Points deductions involve the interests of too many clubs.
I agree, although I do think there's scope for fines too (but not exclusively) - ultimately a fine may require the sale of players to cover it but if they've acquired these players by going over the limit that's not an unreasonable thing to expect.

For me if you wanted a sanctions framework that could be applied consistently and rigidly it could be a combination of the two, something like:

An automatic one window transfer embargo for going over (scaling up to 2, 3 windows etc for subsequent offences within a set period to punish repeat offenders) PLUS a fine equal to the amount over the limit you are, so that every penny spent over the limit effectively costs you double.

That would sufficiently take into account the offence, the scale of the offence, and the number of offences over time while still being harsh enough to act as a deterrent. Points should be nowhere near it.

The Maguire tweet supports that they can't claim Johnson's fee as revenue for 06/30/2023. It's not a viable defense.

1. It implies that they broke the PSR number intentionally
2. The reason you can't backdate these transactions is that the guy could have torn an ACL, trucked off to Fiji for a year, been hit by a bus.

Thats it mate. If they are in breach over Johnson then it wont wash. Like you say if they did it intentionally its worse.

What is stopping every club in the league breaching this year, then just selling a player in the last week of the window in Aug.

Its no defence or mitigation at all really and anyone who did balance their books at a financial and sporting detriment would have recourse.

Brennen Johnson actually played three games for Forrest this season, so they had the sporting benefit as well.

Not sure about this. Some freaks and kids on social media did yeah, but the consensus from what I’ve experienced in the real world was that it was completely absurd.
Every team we’ve played since the deduction has chanted “Cheating bastards you know what you are”.

Not many will admit it, but most of them are laughing their tits off at our situation.

Every team we’ve played since the deduction has chanted “Cheating bastards you know what you are”.

Not many will admit it, but most of them are laughing their tits off at our situation.

Pissed up pockets of neanderthals in a stadium also sing poverty songs and songs about Hillsborough, are we lumping the rest of those fanbases in with them as well?

Every fan of a non top 6 club will have absolutely shat the bed when our punishment was announced, whether they’d admit it or not.

Pissed up pockets of neanderthals in a stadium also sing poverty songs and songs about Hillsborough, are we lumping the rest of those fanbases in with them as well?

Every fan of a non top 6 club will have absolutely shat the bed when our punishment was announced, whether they’d admit it or not.
Without knowing the ins and out of every clubs financials, what we did under Moshiri and what Forest have done under Marinakis both looked 'off' though. We were spending hand over fist without consistent windfalls of European football etc.

I don’t think either of those 2 issues are funny, but shoe on the other foot, if Man City got deducted say 100 pts for breaches and got relegated, I’d be laughing my tits off as well.

It is what it is.

Without knowing the ins and out of every clubs financials, what we did under Moshiri and what Forest have done under Marinakis both looked 'off' though. We were spending hand over fist without consistent windfalls of European football etc.

I’m not saying every club will have breached, I’m saying they’ll have become well aware of what the powers that be actually want and what the rules are in place for.

I don’t think either of those 2 issues are funny, but shoe on the other foot, if Man City got deducted say 100 pts for breaches and got relegated, I’d be laughing my tits off as well.

It is what it is.

Well yeah I’d laugh my tits off too, because it would make an absolute farce out of the sport. If teams are gonna start getting deducted points left right and centre every season I think I’m just gonna knock in on the head because it isn’t sport anymore.

Well yeah I’d laugh my tits off too, because it would make an absolute farce out of the sport. If teams are gonna start getting deducted points left right and centre every season I think I’m just gonna knock in on the head because it isn’t sport anymore.
Nah I agree, something has to give, because with all the rumblings at the minute, we’re going to be seeing teams starting seasons on -points and all trying to sue each other.

Think they’ve opened a massive can of worms personally.

Like I said some way back, we're live witnessing a sport committing a seppuku. And the more I think about it the more I'm inclined of thinking they're doing it on purpose. Devaluing the PL enough----> "Hello Superleague!"

What they and the top six wants is the top 6 to remain the top 6 and anyone who tries to change the status quo to be punished by even more Draconian means..ala Everton as an example. Even though we truly cocked it up its a warning to everyone else.
Newcastle disrupted the pack last year and look at them now. They can’t spend any money as far as I know. Same with Villa this year. I doubt Villa will sign anyone in January.