6 + 2 Point Deductions

Even though I think the clubs potentially suing us have little chance of success, can someone explain to me why Forest are including themselves in the scavenge? How do they think they were affected?

Their bean counter has just added up all the expenditure (most of it was on 1432 players and wages when they come up). Took the expenditure from the income. They have got a texas scientific calculator in their accounts department. Did this for the last three years and realised that they too would fall foul of the PSR. If they can some income in, they should be alright.

Apart from that, I have not got a clue and would be interested in why. Thieving little rats.

Surely we kept paying gilfi? Pretty sure without any actual charges the players union or whatever they're called would have been all over us. His wages for that period must have been a few million, plus we might have sold him for a few mill before his contract ran out.
We did pay him
The theory was that we had the right to sue him for around £10m for the period but we decided not to for his personal well-being and then asked the premier league to allow for us missing £10m by being thoroughly nice guys and not suing him

Right...
They dismissed it as mitigation because there is no way Everton could prove they would have got that money back by suing him. Because... they didn't sue him. So to then claim a complete hypothetical back as £10m was pretty wishful thinking IMO.
Two words: Demarai Gray.

I get your point. You'd have to mitigate that the war in Ukraine affected Everton massively. Dismissing that which I think the IC did, is ignorance at best.

What bothers me is the same Everton denied the claim from the PL that they had made a breach and said they would defend it robustly. Lo and behold, we
are guilty after all, and we accept that, but we didn't accept the figure & then came the 10 points.

This is all my rrrr's. The PL are making an example of us to ward off an independent regulator. They are gunning for us and yet they've rigged punishment against the breakaway 6 to diddly squat, and will do likewise for City's 115, whilst there are other clubs in different ways, IE Chelsea, Newcastle (Saudi's) that have big big questions hanging over them. And the IC have screwed us over not least saying we had no sporting advantage and then gave us a sporting punishment. There are many holes in my opinion from what the IC came out with. I don't think they were impartial either they were certainly directed by the PL and the participants appear to have conflicting interests (other PL club ties) and also interestingly, similar background, shall we say, to Everton FC.

Everton fluffed it effectively first time around, and may have anticipated a different kind of punishment. They better not mess the appeal up.
Can we not call them the IC (independent commision) can we call them the Premier leagues cronies? 🤔

Kick off :

F_nuyj9WYAAnJrH

Who tf wrote that crap.
TBF it does at least show what a farce this is.... Where does it begin and end.

Reduced fees, future worth blah blah.

Forced to sell" - as we were with richarlison for a lesser value and at the behest of the PL who we thought we were appeasing. Could've kept him said foff, not nearly been relegated and finished 14th. Were we still culpable for relegating Leicester or is it coz we were the one above them....

So many questions, all pointless what ifs.

It's nonsense. The PL have no idea what for a can of hypothetical worms they've opened. It's a potential black hole of litigation.

To be honest that’s a really good point. Say we end on appeal with 10 points reinstated hypothetically, that has consequences for about 6-8 teams currently ahead of us since the sanction.

It is actually stupid that this is going on during the season.
Yeah. Next season suing again... The players would've played harder better had they known Everton would get 6 points back and it was in fact a must win game for us. Manager would've changed tactics etc. etc.

On and on ad infinitum. With one constant ........Everton are to blame.

But.

People are realising. We're not.

It's the PiLe of poo.

When you have a mess you blame the decision-makers, not their advisors. It was Terry Brown, Paul Aldridge, and Scott Duxberry who were the decision-makers. The role of the finance Director is to ensure a club fulfills its fiscal responsibilities. If West Ham had been guilty of not adhering to FRS 102 or other accounting protocols then you would have a point.
Reported.
Can you stay on topic please mate, this thread is about our points deduction, and not about the west ham board of 20 years ago.
Thanks in advance.
We must try everything in our power to get this ruling overturned, but keep it legal boys and girls.