6 + 2 Point Deductions

BTW, all these briefs now about Everton appealing and have a case and it could turn into a transfer ban etc...

don't fall for it.

The PL will have their client jourrnos all week doing the carrot and stick caper whereby Everton are first threatened with more deductions next season or they may have this deduction over turned.

THEY'RE MESSING WITH YOUR HEADS.

Keep focus on the protests regardless of what these chimps say - good or bad for us.

Great post mate, agreed they’ll sit on it and hope a weekends football will move the news cycle along, we can’t let it!

Slightly off topic (or latest news anyway)
Just trying to get straight what other clubs are guilty of/have been punished for.

Theres the scab 6 and their breakaway super league.
They claim there were no rules preventing them doing what they did but there are rules about bringing the game into disrepute.
There was no fine or points deduction but instead, the said clubs voluntarily agreed to donate 3m each to some fund.
There's no evidence that this has been paid by anyone.

There's city with 115 Premier league violations. This is being tied up in the courts on purpose.
In Feb 2020 city were also banned from Europe for 2 seasons for serious violations. CAS lifted the ban and reduced the fine from 30 to 10m

Chelsea. The premier league knew about Abramovic's financial doping when overseeing the sale of the club last year.
More evidence has emerged but still no charges brought.

Newcastle. Under Premier league investigation for giving MPs one story about state involvement in the saudi soverign fund and giving a NewYork court another/

Liverpool gained an unfair sporting advantage by hacking Man CItys scouting network. Paid city 1m. No punishment handed out.

Man United fined $300k for breaching UEFA FFP rules from 2019-22.

Arsenal, Leicester and West Ham put on UEFA watchlist of clubs for breach of FFP rules

Burnley got a transfer ban off the EFL for late submission of accounts.

Are there more recent breaches I'm missing.
Find it hard to believe that none of this ended up in a points deduction yet We got 10 deducted.

I've just listened to the bonus episode of the BBC podcast Nothing Will Be The Same. Finally I now think I understand the nuts and bolts of what we've done wrong, why we've been punished the way we have, and most importantly why we should absolutely do what we can to wreck the PL brand.
When you get BBC commentators who's voices we'd all recognise saying the PL is a private members club who can essentially make up the rules as they go along, Corrupt does not do it justice. The fetid stench of incompetent individuals with self interest is overwhelming.
If its the only thing you do tonight give it a listen on BBC Sounds.

I've just listened to the bonus episode of the BBC podcast Nothing Will Be The Same. Finally I now think I understand the nuts and bolts of what we've done wrong, why we've been punished the way we have, and most importantly why we should absolutely do what we can to wreck the PL brand.
When you get BBC commentators who's voices we'd all recognise saying the PL is a private members club who can essentially make up the rules as they go along, Corrupt does not do it justice. The fetid stench of incompetent individuals with self interest is overwhelming.
If its the only thing you do tonight give it a listen on BBC Sounds.
The people at the top are practically demonic. It's disgusting and they are ruining football!!

Was just thinking that. You've only got to get a few egotistical bastads in there and questioning sanctioning policy could go down like a lead balloon.
Id still like to contest things like player sales during a fecking pandemic.
I think particularly given the outpouring of disgust, ride the public wave and throw as many winnable challenges in there. It may only be one or two more mitigation factors, but I think it would be worth it.

Great post this, credit to the second post below Citizens of Suburbia replying to the Mayors letter:

Excellent letter.

As Mayor, you may want to note:

- West Ham & Man City were gifted tax payer funded stadiums. This made a massive difference to the community & sporting advantage. In City's case: Abu Dhabi able to invest. In West Ham's case: more revenues to compete.

- Arsenal built the Emirates before PSR. Could they do it now if they were still at Highbury?

- BMD is central to Everton's financial difficulties at present. Its a drain on cash. Once completed, Everton's revenues grow & sustainability increases.

- The regeneration vital to the local community.

- The club is vital to the community too.

- The city of Liverpool has benefitted from no tax payer hand outs of the scale London & Manchester have.

- If you are outside London or Manchester, want to build a new football stadium and generate a sustainable path to compete, you can for your troubles expect to be sanctioned.

- That is the long & the short of this appalling ruling by the IC.

- Future panels must surely include people with a view on the impact on the community. It cannot juat be lawyers & accountants from London who have no care or thought for the wider community.

I'm hoping the extreme PL punishment on us versus the punishment dished out to the scab 6 and Portsmouth for their indiscretions may actually make the PL look like they are erratic, inconsistent and requiring regulation.

Hopefully they have over played their card and look like utter chancers backed up by their previous punishments and how lenient they were.