6 + 2 Point Deductions

I hope we’re in that same meeting they’re having making it very clear, along with Forest if needed, that we will battle in the courts for a fair, proportionate outcome to our case. No matter how long it takes or the disruption it causes.
Oh I hope so too, but knowing Everton, we've probably sent a representative wearing one of those baseball caps that has a little pair of sponge hands on the front with strings attached and when the wearer pulls the strings the hands clap.

I can’t see us having much joy with the appeal, regardless of how sound our arguments are. The PL have decided they want to make an example of us, to show they can be tough and regulate things themselves, without an independent regulator overseeing them (although that is probably inevitable at this point).

Highly dubious of the independence and impartiality of the people sitting on the hearing and appeal panels. It’s just a front to try and make things appear above board.

Hope I’m wrong, but it all has a feeling of inevitability about it.
😎

Let’s have it right, we have overspent by 19.5m, sure we can blame the board and signing players etc but let’s just remember they have tried to make Everton decent over the years by signing players. Yes, most of them have been awful but nobody can turn the clock back. I’m sure if we could go back in time we wouldn’t of offered 28m for Bolasie and offered Southampton 30m for Mane, it’s how the cookie crumbles, but let’s not forget Moshiri put his money where his mouth was and unfortunately for him, he failed.

Yes we made poor signings and we still continue to do so, Delle being one of them, but again, nobody knew he would come and be crocked, same as Gbamin. I blame the directors of football more. Steve Walsh, Brands, Thelwell, their role was to highlight players and try and get them. They have all failed but one would argue the jury is still out on Thelwell.

I get the Kenwright criticism, Baxendale after headlock gate but Moshiri. He’s just been guilt of not being a football guy, trying to buy players he knows nothing about and basically just being a fish out of water. He also signed us 50m quid players, Carlo, and has built us a brand new stadium. I think he deserves all of our respect more than anything
He’s guilty of negligence, Terrible decision making and being grossly irresponsible. Only time will tell the true impact.

Whoever the club is they are arguing that they should be allowed to inflate sponsorship deals to as much as the sponsor is willing to pay. It is a way of bending rules to bump up revenue.
Chelsea signed a one year deal with Infinite Athlete (a tech start up only created in the last year with expected turnover of £12m) worth £40m to sponsor their shirts, Ebersole is a big mate of Boehly so it doesn't take an accountant to figure whats going on.
What is to stop Boehly using one of his separate companies investing in Infinite, them giving it to Chelsea as sponsorship, Chelsea making a smaller loss (not paying tax) and helping keep them within FFP.
I think we have a cynic in our midst 😇

Let’s have it right, we have overspent by 19.5m, sure we can blame the board and signing players etc but let’s just remember they have tried to make Everton decent over the years by signing players. Yes, most of them have been awful but nobody can turn the clock back. I’m sure if we could go back in time we wouldn’t of offered 28m for Bolasie and offered Southampton 30m for Mane, it’s how the cookie crumbles, but let’s not forget Moshiri put his money where his mouth was and unfortunately for him, he failed.

Yes we made poor signings and we still continue to do so, Delle being one of them, but again, nobody knew he would come and be crocked, same as Gbamin. I blame the directors of football more. Steve Walsh, Brands, Thelwell, their role was to highlight players and try and get them. They have all failed but one would argue the jury is still out on Thelwell.

I get the Kenwright criticism, Baxendale after headlock gate but Moshiri. He’s just been guilt of not being a football guy, trying to buy players he knows nothing about and basically just being a fish out of water. He also signed us 50m quid players, Carlo, and has built us a brand new stadium. I think he deserves all of our respect more than anything
As the owner of the football club, he must take overall responsibility for the good, the bad and the ugly under his tenure. Sadly, there has been very little good to talk about...

Whoever the club is they are arguing that they should be allowed to inflate sponsorship deals to as much as the sponsor is willing to pay. It is a way of bending rules to bump up revenue.
Chelsea signed a one year deal with Infinite Athlete (a tech start up only created in the last year with expected turnover of £12m) worth £40m to sponsor their shirts, Ebersole is a big mate of Boehly so it doesn't take an accountant to figure whats going on.
What is to stop Boehly using one of his separate companies investing in Infinite, them giving it to Chelsea as sponsorship, Chelsea making a smaller loss (not paying tax) and helping keep them within FFP.

This and the sanctions nonsense can all end very easily - a transfer or salary cap across the board for all clubs regardless of revenue.

The cartel want to spend what they want whilst putting systems in place to stop others from competing.

With the amount of legal action on the horizon, it feels like a tipping point certainly in English football where the authorities are starting to see major cracks appearing from the 20 PL members.

Hahaha the league haven't got a clue have they? The best thing they should do is allow the independent commission to rule over it so they can say "it's not us"

Should we ask Man City what our punishment should be ? After all they seem to run things quite well and the Premier league seem to dance to their tune quite nicely.