6 + 2 Point Deductions

I would suggest...fine for up to 10million over, then 5 points over 10million, then 1 million fine per every 5 million over and make it up to 10 points at 30 million over, with steep fines for every 5 million after that.

Fines don’t really make any sense when the rules are there (theoretically) to prevent clubs from spending money they don’t have.

So would any decision have been taken on friday and the club would have been informed then verbally or will the decision be taken over a number of days/weeks? And the club only informed via a report similar to last time?

Well it’s not really, because we admitted guilt on most of the charges.
It’s more like getting 20 years for admitting a speeding charge.
I think a bit of this guilt admission is being taken as we said "Hey man, I know I'm guilty but go easy on me Gov'nor"

As far as I understand, it wasn't quite like that. We submitted a PSR calculation with the correct figures. We explained why we hadn't broken PSR. The league then took it away to reiew and came back saying "your calcs are wrong, this is why. Also, that means you have breached"

Our response, rather than it being 'you got us, ah well' was more a case of, 'if you aren't allowing those calculations then that means we are over. However, consider these as mitigations. Mitigations that we never felt the need to raise as we weren't expecting to be over, as per original PSR calculation.'

In the meantime, in the light of what your saying, we'll work with you to understand where we went wrong.

That's why they said originally to the other clubs that we have no case to answer as we hadn't overspent, but then went and did us anyway. They pulled apart our PSR calculation and removed interest payments from the addbacks, despite the loans only being required due to us building a stadium.

The championships rule if you reach was adopted in our case was it not?

5 points for the breach and a further point for every 5 million over
The key thing is this formula is not in the PL rule book and all rules must be adopted by the PL clubs by at least 14 votes.
The PL exec board tried to have a formula applied but it is not in the PL rule book and the maximum sanction is 9 points for entering administration.

Logically,our punishment must be less than 9 points.

The championships rule if you reach was adopted in our case was it not?

5 points for the breach and a further point for every 5 million over
No. The commission stated they specifically did not follow that (but were unable to explain how they got to the same points).

The PL tried to bring in that as a punishment after we were charged but before the hearing. But it was voted down so the PL put it forward as a sanction policy when asked what they think the sanction should be and it was dismissed by the commission panel.

But it’s not a rule in the PL, never has been and I doubt ever will be.

I think a bit of this guilt admission is being taken as we said "Hey man, I know I'm guilty but go easy on me Gov'nor"

As far as I understand, it wasn't quite like that. We submitted a PSR calculation with the correct figures. We explained why we hadn't broken PSR. The league then took it away to reiew and came back saying "your calcs are wrong, this is why. Also, that means you have breached"

Our response, rather than it being 'you got us, ah well' was more a case of, 'if you aren't allowing those calculations then that means we are over. However, consider these as mitigations. Mitigations that we never felt the need to raise as we weren't expecting to be over, as per original PSR calculation.'

In the meantime, in the light of what your saying, we'll work with you to understand where we went wrong.

That's why they said originally to the other clubs that we have no case to answer as we hadn't overspent, but then went and did us anyway. They pulled apart our PSR calculation and removed interest payments from the addbacks, despite the loans only being required due to us building a stadium.
Exactly my reading of the situation.

“Ok if you do that we are guilty however here is why so it’s only technical and an interpretation rather than a deliberate act. Here’s all our mitigations”

“Haha you said guilty here’s ten points”

If this was a proper arbitration, regulatory hearing or criminal proceeding the Premier League would be laughed out of the room.