6 + 2 Point Deductions

so the second breach theyl deduct the points?

that’s us cooked goat of it’s the case
Our guilt isnt in doubt matty mate.

But there is PLENTY of scope to attack the "independent" part of the Independent Commission, plenty of scope to attack the stupidly excessive 10 point penalty.

Trust in SuperSilk, im sure he knows what hes doing.

Trying to explain this whole thing to people that either don’t know or don’t understand is so difficult.

I have just been asked about it and I was met with, ‘it’s nobody’s fault but Everton’s because you spent loads of money on players’, ‘it’s Everton’s fault that the club had been run so bad’.

It’s so frustrating trying to explain about the mitigating circumstances and the appeal and stuff such as The richarlison transfer in comparison to Forest and Johnson. Things like the rule being created just to use against Everton. Even the people I’ve explained it all to have gone, well if that’s the case it doesn’t exactly sound fair. But it’s so hard trying to tell people and explain who haven’t read the documents or been part of this thread for example.

The rules may be awful but we did breach them, that is nobody’s fault but the club.

I have a flawless record on here Matty, by that I mean I am always wrong.

But.

I see no reason whatsoever how we escape the 2nd breach.

Both times we have submitted accounts that we submitted knowing we had breached PSR, both times.

All we can do is attack the process.
How does the Board allow this to happen, especially if you consider the rubbish we bought?

Disgusting!

I have a flawless record on here Matty, by that I mean I am always wrong.

But.

I see no reason whatsoever how we escape the 2nd breach.

Both times we have submitted accounts that we submitted knowing we had breached PSR, both times.

All we can do is attack the process.
Well not quite. We thought, the first time our mitigation would mean we had complied, only after they decided our mitigation was not to be allowed, did we plead guilty.

once guilty of the first submission, we were certainly in breach of the second, but as the club said, we were forced to submit on the basis of a breach we did not agree with and which is still under appeal.

Well not quite. We thought, the first time our mitigation would mean we had complied, only after they decided our mitigation was not to be allowed, did we plead guilty.

once guilty of the first submission, we were certainly in breach of the second, but as the club said, we were forced to submit on the basis of a breach we did not agree with and which is still under appeal.
Dont see how thats any different to what I typed.

But you appear to be absolving the club of any blame, which really isnt the case.

I see you’ve just completely made a situation up and called it a “best case scenario”.

I can do this too.

Best case scenario is we get all of our points back, plus an additional 10 points for the inconvinence, leaving us challenging for European places.
Do you think that will happen?
I hope it does as we could probably afford to loan Dele for another season

I still feel 80% of the teams have breaches their spending under FFP - look at transfers today from last year - but someone in the prem wants us relegated no doubts in my mind about this issue - jealously over the new ground I suspect allegedly a conflict of interest ....

The mitigations put forward were, at best, optimistic. The club knew it was in trouble - hence the backtracking and admission of guilt during the hearing. The best way forward here is to do a Forest - 'fair cop, but we had our reasons that aren't insane - deal with us properly'. Minor penalty, on we all go with our lives. Digging heals in, and throwing abuse at the PL, is hardly likely to make the PL want to be lenient. Especially after the special measures debacle when the PL were assured proposed signings wouldn't impact the clubs ability to meet FFP guidelines, then it did. Nobody likes getting lied to.

It feels like Everton are playing the man instead of the ball with this one. Its an admit your guilt and accept a moderate penalty or plead not guilty, get done anyway after a load of hassle and then you get slammed. 10 pts is too much - should be focussing on the severity of the sanction rather than the verdict, way better chance of a decent outcome that way. I believe the appeal is about the severity of the sanction rather than the verdict. is that right?