4pm announcement Barkley Signs new 4 year deal [Dont post GIFS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
He got offered a bigger payrise, that's the only reason he stayed. Loyal to money, and the money he owes gangsters.

No, he stayed because some batshit crazy Kopites threatened to drive to London and do his kneecaps in if he left.

We had Utd's pants down last summer over the Fellaini deal and We kept Baines. Suggesting he would be sold without a moments hesitation, like you just suggested, is just not true.
Right money comes in - he'd be off. Doesn't matter what Ross would want really. There's been players in the past determined to stay but were sickened and moved out. Michael Ball springs to mind...and I dont think Andy Johnson ever wanted out either.

Roberto actually referred to this as a "turning point for the club".

Perhaps in hindsight it will seem more crucial than it did on the day.

Definitely. What was more positive wasn't the actually deal but how Ross spoke. I think he wants to be Everton's Gerrard and the last thing he wants to be is another Rooney.

If Ross becomes as good as those two players then we could be a force again. In football the big games are normally decided by the big players and it's only with having them that you can actually have a hope of winning things.

Liverpool will find that out next season without Suarez.

Ultimately I still think that if Rooney didn't want to go I don't think we would have sold him and we would be have been a regular champions league team for the last decade.

Right money comes in - he'd be off. Doesn't matter what Ross would want really. There's been players in the past determined to stay but were sickened and moved out. Michael Ball springs to mind...and I dont think Andy Johnson ever wanted out either.

Michael Ball wanted to leave and sorry and why would we have wanted to keep Andy Johnson anyway?

I think Davek has a point. Ross very well may want to stay but he may not have a choice if the right bid is made.

I think you all know this but refuse too accept that it's a reality that could happen.

We will probably need to address the contract again in two years anyway, so four seems fine to me.

Gives the player piece of mind something will have to be done sooner rather than later, and the club security, so is a good compromise.

Would want next contract to be five year mind, as he'll be more developed by then.

If after 1 season if he's had a good season then we can increase it again to 70K or 80K. That would be hard to justify now to the other players and to put him on longer than 4 that's what we would have needed to do.

I think Davek has a point. Ross very well may want to stay but he may not have a choice if the right bid is made.

I think you all know this but refuse too accept that it's a reality that could happen.

I think his point has no basis from past history. Off course anything could happen but we've never done that so why would we start and Kenwright would get crucified if he did it.

Anyway it's not something to worry about now.

Of course he has a choice.

If he has a contract for four years then the club couldn't sell him without his consent.

Of course we all realise that if a bid comes in which the club finds impossible to refuse and the personal terms suit Ross then he will indeed be off.

But you know what?

That is the same for any player at any club you care to name.

If PSG were to offer £200 million to Barcelona and half a million quid per week to Messi then I bet he would be moving to Paris.

Just sit back and enjoy the moment.

The lad is our player and if he should go in the next couple years the, the fee will be astronomical.

We are in a better place right now than we have been in yonkos.

Just enjoy the ride.

If he has a contract for four years then the club couldn't sell him without his consent.

Of course we all realise that if a bid comes in which the club finds impossible to refuse and the personal terms suit Ross then he will indeed be off.

But you know what?

If PSG were to offer £200 million to Barcelona and half a million quid per week to Messi then I bet he would be moving to Paris.

The lad is our player and if he should go in the next couple years the, the fee will be astronomical.

Just enjoy the ride.

Some russian club did a few seasons ago and he turned it down

But you know what?

Just enjoy the ride.

Of course it can happen too any player at any club, at any time. That's the whole point. The lad loves the club and wants to cement a Legacy here, I don't trust the current board not to cash in if they get the opportunity.

The whole press conference yesterday was just smoke and mirrors to hide the fact they aren't making any signings yet to improve the squad. The Clubs around us are blowing us out of the water to progress and we are struggling to even have the same squad as last year.

I think it's right that questions are asked, we know fact there is more money coming in this year and we are still treading water.

Let's have it right: if a bid came in for Barkley tomorrow this lot would look at it and accept it; Kenwright would drive Barkley to the buying club; and that press conference yesterday would be airbrushed from history in Orwellian fashion.

Massive statement of intent by the club my arse.
Total. Bollocks.

Some russian club did a few seasons ago and he turned it down

Moving to Russia isn't the most attractive of propositions.

A move to Paris, Milan or London would be a lot harder to turn down.

The point is that any club will listen to any outrageous offer fir any of their players.

The ball is then in the court of the player.

That chap was implying that if an outrageous bid came in Ross would have no choice but to go.

He would have a choice...it would be up to him if he was still contracted here.

Status
Not open for further replies.