442 needs your help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

foley

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
Hi,

as prominant members of grandoldteam forum i thought you might want
to feature in our FourFourTwo supplement '100 players your club must sign"...

Basically, we are asking a fan of each of the 92 english clubs and the 12 SPL
clubs to choose 3 types of players your club most needs to sign from this
list and briefly explain why (a couple of sentences on each will do).
Then number them in order of priority (1 = most essential, 3=least essential)
Goalkeepers

Defenders

- right-back
- left-back
- centre-backs

Midfielders

- right
- middle (ball-winner or playmaker)
- left

Strikers

- in the hole
- targetman
- poacher

Thanks for your help. Your answers (and a reference to your site if you
specify) will be featured in the supplement which will be included in the
January 2008 issue out the first week of December.If you have any questions
please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Cheers
The FourFourTwo team.

you can post back here or email me directly at foley120@hotmail.com.

many thanks

Reply to this lads if you have the time. Its definitely not spam, I gave this my seal of approval before anyone kicks off ;)

FourFourTwo will mention the forum in their January edition.

Right back - full backs are arguably one of the most important attacking positions now and our right backs frankly aren't up to much in an attacking sense. (2)

Holding midfielder - the most important position in the side. Carsley is ok defensively but offers nothing when we have the ball. We really need someone who can keep the ball moving about as well as breaking up opposition attacks. Having such a player would also enable us to play four in midfield with Cahill. Without such a player we have to play with five in the middle. (1)

Centre back - The final choice is a difficult one because on the surface we seem well stocked at the back. However both centre backs are overly fond of long balls for my liking, plus Lescott has made some bad mistakes recently, suggesting we need a real leader at the back. We havn't kept many clean sheets this season and the partnership of Yobo and Lescott hasn't clicked yet. (2)

Sounds good.

1) Centre mid - Playmaker : Our team is crying out for a strong central midfielder to feed the strikers and ease the pressure on the legend that is Arteta.

2) Left Mid - : A genuinely pacey (left footed!) left sider with penetration to ensure our attacking play can come from both flanks and not just when Arteta switches sides.

3) Centre Back - : With Stubbs nearing his pension we need back up to Yobo, Lescott and Jagielka.

But come January we'll have them all so no worries. ;)

(1) Left Midfield. At the moment we desperately need a natural left winger. Currently we have on-loan Pienaar left wing, and while hes doing the job, I still feel as though we need a permanent left winger. Mortem Gamst Pedersen is January please Moyes...

(2) Right Back. I think this is an area we could definitely improve. When played right back, Phil Neville does an adequate job. Tony Hibbert has, and always will get a nose bleed when he crosses the half way line when going forward. Jagielka hasn't really been tried at right back yet, Moyes prefers him in midfield and if that continues to be the case, then I think its fair to say a right back is needed.

(3) Centre Back. While we have a good defence, an injury or two at the back and we would be crippled, especially with Yobo being on International Duty (African Nations) for a few games. Plus... Alan Stubbs wont last for much longer.

Cenrte half- We need a big centre half to replace stubbsy and also to cover for the african nations but hopefully a younger guy who will intergrate into the squad .

Classy midfielder- We need an all round classy central midfielder someone like appiah someone that will take control but can play a bit as well.

Left winger- I would like us to get a bit more pace in the midfield and i think we need a left sided player who can cross a ball,pienaar is doing a great job out there but i,d like to see him given a run in the centre of midfield.

1. midfielder, brilliant passer, supreme athlete and awe inspiring tackler.

2. right back, speed, passing and tackling.

3. winger - must be capable on both flanks, looking for olympic sprinter speed and passing and crossing that is comparable to the very best.

FourFourTwo is quality! :D

1, Right back - This has probably been our problem area this season. Tony Hibbert has been completely off the pace. Jagielka and Neville can both do good jobs there, but we really need a permanent fixture.

2, Left Midfielder - We haven't really got one! Players like Pienaar, Arteta and Osman have all filled in there, but we haven't got a naturally left footed winger.

3, Centre back - Stubbs has been a great servant, but this will probably be his last season. We will be losing Yobo in the new year for the African Nations. We could just use another CB for cover really.

David Robson

Well, here's my penny's worth.

First and most critical, the holding midfielder.....As mentioned before Carsely is solid defensively, but doesn't offer that attack-building killer pass that is badly needed. If we can get somebody of this ilk than we stand a good chance of having a consistent midfield.

Secondly, we need a right-back. Tony Hibbert is a great tackler, but the team has evolved and left him behind. Suspect positioning, poor distribution are the detracters. Phil Neville, while a vocal leader, doesn't offer much more than Tony Hibbert. Neville has the tackling and positioning, but he needs his brothers disribution abilities and some consistency.

Third priority is the left wing. The only left wingers we have are a kid and a drunk. The players we have played over there have all been out of position, while Pienaar, Osman and Arteta have all done well while over there, I would prefer to see a natural winger who has pace to go by a defender and an accurate cross that our fowards can attack in the box.

Mike Hill
Everton FC Fan
Grandoldteam.com

1) Top priority- A central midfield player, someone who can put their foot on the ball and dictate the play. A player that is strong in the tackle, has a good engine as well as being powerful and quick. Passing ability to feed our strike force is also a must.

2) Left winger/midfielder- A pacey wide man who can pull defences apart as well as pick a pass or two. With Silky skills to get into more advanced positions to enhance our attack.

3) Right Back- A right back that can get up and down the pitch. Strong in the tackle with excellent distribution and superb crossing abaility and bundles of pace.

Players that I think might fir the bill:

Stephen Appiah
Morten Gamst Pederson
Daniel Alves

1) Playmaker - Need another Arteta type of player. As Arteta goes, so goes Everton so another player in his mold would really help us from a depth point of view as well as give us a bit more edge in breaking defenses down.

2) See above

3) See above

Def : We need back up for Hibbert, or even a new right back with Hibbert as back up

Mid : Defensive Mid to give Carsley some serious competition

Strikers : Not a sausage very blessed with strikers;)

Status
Not open for further replies.