4-4-2 Under Dyche - is this the Answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we playing Onana in the Fellaini role?
Didn't Lampard already kind of try that? didn't work anyway and I can't see Dyche doing that. Onana's strength is clearly in his break-up play in CM, no way Dyche is gonna tell him to do much else.

Looking at what he has available to him, 4-4-2 at home has got to be worth a try . When Gana first came back, he seemed to play a few games as a traditional DM holding midfielder but then was moved into more CM which is a complete waste as he's useless on the ball.

4-1-3-2 is what I'd hope far

Going to be interesting how he sets up. I suspect 4-4-2 would get the best out of Maupay should he play. I also think a midfield pair of Onana and Davies deserves a go as we looked improved in our last game set up that way.

May as well play Holgate and Godfrey as full backs with Coleman and Mykolenko ahead of them in midfield. Go ultra defensive as we won’t be scoring regardless.

Are we playing Onana in the Fellaini role?
According to Sean Dyche's tactics video it's the Jeff Hendrick role. Seems he prefers to play 4-4-1-1 against the top sides. Has to break from the front of midfield to pick up Calvert-Lewin's knock downs. Could be Onana or Maupay?

According to Sean Dyche's tactics video it's the Jeff Hendrick role. Seems he prefers to play 4-4-1-1 against the top sides. Has to break from the front of midfield to pick up Calvert-Lewin's knock downs. Could be Onana or Maupay?
DCL knockdowns ??.. aahh yes I vaguely remember them from several seasons ago.

Last game he was either not trying to win any headers or has completely lost his sense of space/timing as he was just jumping into air where the ball wasn't.

Hopefully Dyche has/will put a rocket up his arse (literally)

Status
Not open for further replies.