4-4-2 Under Dyche - is this the Answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

allen

Player Valuation: £60m
I'm no traditionalist, particularly, and I haven't been clamouring for the formation or the manager - but I wonder if the combination of Dyche and the players we have available means that 4-4-2 is going to click.

It's his preferred formation. He plays it in a simple, teachable way - and we have players that have played it under him.

I have also been wanting to see Maupay and DCL given a go as a pairing. I'm convinced it'll bring Maupay into the game more, and allow him to get on the scoresheet.

Maybe this is just my coping mechanisms firing into life, but I think this whole mess could work out with something as simple as Dyche's 4-4-2.

I'm no traditionalist, particularly, and I haven't been clamouring for the formation or the manager - but I wonder if the combination of Dyche and the players we have available means that 4-4-2 is going to click.

It's his preferred formation. He plays it in a simple, teachable way - and we have players that have played it under him.

I have also been wanting to see Maupay and Dominic Calvert-Lewin given a go as a pairing. I'm convinced it'll bring Maupay into the game more, and allow him to get on the scoresheet.

Maybe this is just my coping mechanisms firing into life, but I think this whole mess could work out with something as simple as Dyche's 4-4-2.
Needs must.

It suits our rag tag bunch much more than 100mph high pressure biesla ball.

Not sure how it'll work really, maybe...

Pickford
Coleman Coady Tarkowski Mykolenko
Iwobi Gana Onana Gray/McNeil
Dominic Calvert-Lewin Maupay
Obviously still desperate for a few new players
I'd be surprised if he doesn't get Keane back in the side.

He knows how to play him, too, which many managers haven't at Everton.

I think we'll see the return of the good Michael Keane, playing in precisely the role that suits him.

I also think he'll contribute to the goals, because he has a knack for that.

The old way wasn't working so I welcome a change of formation. 2 centre forwards would be interesting to see with this squad. Id also like to see Simms woth more than 10 mins a game if we to try this. 2 big centre forwards on the box. Just need a good delivery and there's bound to be goals.

Pickford
That’s exactly how I see it, he will keep us up but I also think any manager who came in would. I just think his hoofball will bore the living daylights out of us soon enough

Pickford
Maupay needs to play centrally, all of his link up play feels wasted out wide. He’s not rapid to beat a man and not known for tricks. If we had a left back who offered any attacking support it could work but I don’t see it working. 442 could honestly work with Dom holding up play and Maupay linking it up/pressing defenders into mistakes

Well the / was suggesting 'or', was thinking that was fairly obvious
R.199f310a2bec63d840ca79ffeff5323e

Maupay needs to play centrally, all of his link up play feels wasted out wide. He’s not rapid to beat a man and not known for tricks. If we had a left back who offered any attacking support it could work but I don’t see it working. 442 could honestly work with Dom holding up play and Maupay linking it up/pressing defenders into mistakes
Calvert-Lewins long name just kind of pushed him out wide, was supposed to be 442 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.