Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Banned for Financial Irregularities

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Who cares....

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously it's very early but I do think Lampard and his team know what's needed, hence the rumors about getting Barry in to work on set pieces.
Playing 3 at the back with wingbacks will be a good way to bed in Patterson.
A good amount of our squad having a break from the world cup could also help.
I actually think DCL may stay put for another season but losing Richie will be huge.
New center back, holding midfielder and attacking player and we should be well able to break top 10.

I really don't think it is. How much can we realistically improve?
Everton's recent recruitment record doesn't fill me with confidence, but it's possible to turn a team around with three or four good players. I recall us being absolutely dire going into the January 2012 window, only to be completely transformed after signing Pienaar, Jelavic, Donovan and Gibson, so I believe it can be done.

Somewhere between 9th - 12th. I think we'll be better to watch. That and another 12-15 more points is a good improvement.

Football is a funny old game, in which fortunes can change very quickly, whether they be for better or worse. Just look at Newcastle, couldn’t win a game at the beginning of the season, but were then in top4 form not long after. We have our own examples; the difference between 03/04 and 04/05, the beginning and end of 94/95. Leicester are the best example of course.

It's very hard to say right now before we know who we bring in. However I'm going to say top 10 anyway.

Top 10.

We'll tighten up defensively. We'll have a decent counter attacking threat.

We'll be fitter and faster. We'll have fans and players and managerial team and all the rest of the club pulling in the same direction.

It's not going to be the prettiest season but it might well be the fabled transitional season that actually is a transitional season.

IF....we dont concede 22 goals from set piece's.
IF....we got a clear run without injuries.
IF....we stop the schoolboy mistakes at the back.
IF....we get some fairness from the officials.

& If we lose the wage drainers and recruit properly ....we might just get 8th to 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.