Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Banned for Financial Irregularities

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Who cares....

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless we turn over a large amount of the squad, we'll absolutely be in a relegation battle again in my opinion.

We may still be in a relegation battle even if we do turn around a lot of players and dramatically bring the age of the squad down, but at least if we do that we'll have a much more manageable wage will with a group of players who will headroom to improve.

We've seen what this squad is capable of, and it's embarrassing. We need to get rid of as many of them as we possibly can, not a single one shouldn't be on the transfer list right now.

It's impossible to say until we know the ins and outs, but I'll stick my neck out and predict that we'll be lower half, but never in the relegation places - something like Villa/Southampton this season.

you do know we were perennially midtable until the dumpster fire of last season right? the season where our main striker was injured for the majority of the time and we had a hasbeen polarizing boob as the manager till Jan. I don't think it's futile to aim for upper midtable with some proper recruitment and a new medical staff
I think we were on the downslope though and still are. To reverse it in one summer will be hard.

I’m very certain it will be a relegation fight unless massive culture change in players mindset. If Lampard can’t influence them, a massive squad overhaul is required.

I think we've hit the bottom and will level out with the right guidance now from Lampard.

Calling where we'll finish though is very hard until we know what the squad is. Very fine margins between 8th and 16th in the prem. Even 7th placed West Ham aren't exactly light years ahead even now. With a few out and a few in things could be so different.

Choose the top ten but have a feeling with the right signings we could get back the 7th placed trophy.

lower expectations.png

Suspect somewhere in 45-50 point mark which should keep relegation fears at arms length. As long as we don’t have a mad scramble at the end. We would have got there this season had we got rid of the of slug at the end of November.

Status
Not open for further replies.