2022/2023 Kit Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hummel delaying the kit launch so they can redesign it to accommodate the huge sponsor logo in front.

The Stake branding looks absolutely cack both in design, and for our profile.

People always say it's just a kit, and we shouldn't be bothered - but I don't agree.
The top teams always have smart kit designs AND sponsorship.

No doubt Hummel have probably produced a very decent kit again, but that logo from Stake just drags the quality of it down for me (and then of course there is the ethical side to note)

It's probably just a fair reflection of where we are as a club right now, we can't compete with the big teams in the league financially. Few years of Stake and then hopefully move onto the upper tier of Gregg's.

People always say it's just a kit, and we shouldn't be bothered - but I don't agree.

No doubt Hummel have probably produced a very decent kit again, but that logo from Stake just drags the quality of it down for me (and then of course there is the ethical side to note)

It's probably just a fair reflection of where we are as a club right now, we can't compete with the big teams in the league financially. Few years of Stake and then hopefully move onto the upper tier of Gregg's.
I honestly think the Chevrolet on the Utd kit looks just awful.

Don’t get this ethical side! Like the World Cup is getting held in a place where no human rights apply, Newcastle and Man City owned by countries who’d Chuck you off a building for being Gay! It’s just a gambling site..

Some people know stuff before it comes official too. I'll let you into another secret. We are gonna sign James tarkowski
Yes, they do....but 9/10 when someone says something online it's simply to get attention. And for that reason I've learnt to wait for the official statement on things now.....see....look at you trying to get attention ?

Don’t get this ethical side! Like the World Cup is getting held in a place where no human rights apply, Newcastle and Man City owned by countries who’d Chuck you off a building for being Gay! It’s just a gambling site..
So what you're saying, effectively erasing some fundamental basis of early years education for our society from your mind is that .. if you add many wrongs together everything is alright?

Good post.

Just to be clear I understand the argument - Everton taking a stand for ethics in football is akin to thinking paper straws will stop climate change.

But lowering our standards really shouldn't be the answer. Whataboutism is a cancer in modern life and football is no different.

Clubs should represent their local communities and their fans whether local or global.

If Newcastle and other clubs and their fans are happy to have their ideals and values married to a country famous for its open and flagrant human rights abuses then that's for their conscience to deal with.

Wish you were able to buy the shirts with or without the sponsors logo on the front, like Celtic do, so your choice. I remember back in 1995 they did the first batch of shirts without the sponsor logo when they were released after finishing with NEC and before Danka deal had been announced. Im sure that once they announced Danka you could get the logo put on it in the club shop if you had the jerseys without the sponsor then they made the shirts with the logo on it.

Who gives a hoot about the sponsor [DESIGN].

The One2One first design was extraordinary a huge band. It won't be that bad.

It's sponsorship, it's money. The only thing it shows is how far down we are as a brand. This is what we can attract.

In the minority I guess. To me Stake appears to be in the top 1% of all betting firm logos, which as well know are absolutely atrocious for the most part. It's completely inoffensive and not too amateurish. Should go fine with almost any kit design.

I think it’s a balancing act because I think the club need to get the best deal without shafting the fans. Ideally we would have a sponsor that the kids could have on the kit, but Stake offered the most and Hummel offered us the best deal kit wise and our fans don’t have to spend £115 on a home shirt.

Let’s be real, none of these sponsors or kit manufacturers do these deals because they love these clubs, they look at the numbers. If we were in the champions league we would have a different level of offers. But the fans might have to pay a lot more for a shirt and then we would all complain about that.

Hummel delaying the kit launch so they can redesign it to accommodate the huge sponsor logo in front.

It’s probably more to do with the Cazoo deal. We signed a deal that ran till the end of June. Rather than the end of May. So we can’t release a kit with Stake.com all over it before the 1st of July.
This is commercially dumb from the club. The season always ends in May, end the deals then and have the new ones start from the 1st June. The new deal starts 1st July.

Status
Not open for further replies.