2022/2023 Kit Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am 100% for commercial and international growth, more money, and modernising the club in different ways, but a betting firm really bothers me. I know we'll rarely find a company that is 100% ethical, but I was hoping we might find a more well-known sponsor that could also improve Everton's reach and profile. (was previously arguing against a betting firm for its negative impact on people's lives, but the ethics and moral high ground are long gone in football)

So over £10m a year which was Cazoo's previous record.

Not bad in terms of revenue but of all the sponsorship we are crawling back to betting shows how commercially poor of a club we actually are.

Cue sleeve sponsor as NFT or Weird Crypto sits.

We probably won’t have a sleeve sponsor again. As per the athletic, no one has come close to matching the valuation we’ve set and we’re not lowering it

So over £10m a year which was Cazoo's previous record.

Not bad in terms of revenue but of all the sponsorship we are crawling back to betting shows how commercially poor of a club we actually are.

Cue sleeve sponsor as NFT or Weird Crypto sits.
Watford had Dogecoin on their sleeves. Check it out.

DBB like the government. Making U turns.

But we need the money. Needs must.
Not defending her record but didn't she say tht we prefer not to have any association with gambling again , but the mess we are in money wise they cant turn down the best offer put forward

In case you weren't aware mate, we were (and by all means probably still are) affiliated with one of Putin's cronies. Unfortunately if you want to run a top football club now then the moral high ground will only get you so far, particularly when we're competing against Saudi and Emirati money.
No loss either way mate. With the pantomime scripting, the rs drugs cheats and blatant favouritism, rampant diving and cheating players, bent FIFA, bent UEFA, bent FA and VAR, now associating ourselves with a gambling evil - as of today professional football is dead to me. It is utterly shameful - and while I really don't want to be a virtue signaller, I'm ashamed to be associated with what has failed to be a sport and sold out everything to be a business. It is vulgar and crass.

Will free up a lot of time.

I have no issues with this really as I envisage that no matter how long the contract, both parties know that the government will ban betting sponsors soon so the deal will never last the length.

I don’t know enough about the finances but if the deal were 5 years and it was 5m in year one and it theoretically doubled every year according to the contract, would we be able to put that on our books now even though the likelihood is that we would not get the money in the end because the ban would prohibit it?

I am just thinking the club might be playing clever in writing something into the contract that they know will never happen, just so they can inflate it and make out immediate financials look better.

I think it will just say Stake rather than Stake.com when looking at the posts by our social media. Will still look crap, but would look better

Status
Not open for further replies.