2020 Summer Window priority poll

Needs must

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With who?
Udinese have done it with Meret, also owned by the Pozzo family who own Watford, all you have to do is look through the past 12 yeas of Pozzo owned clubs transfer dealings, if you don't agree with me fair enough

But reports of Palace being close to Sarr with loan of option to buy are out their, and if Sarr' agents hear a bigger team than Palace want him after the rumoured one year loan, he will and can turn down Palace then Watford can sell to the highest bidder

I only suggest this because looks like we want Allan & Gabriel who are big money signings, the rest can be done on the cheap ie; loans and players teams want to get rid of

???
??? Holgate ??? Digne
??? ??? ??? ???
Richarlison DCL

I dont believe that ANY of those remaining positions are more important than one another.

The most important thing is to sign players who are on an upward trajectory and have a high ceiling who would be clear starters.

Keeper: Weve seen how Southall and Martyn consistently gained us points.

Right back: Weve seen the quality of Digne on the right defensively and offensively one of our top players each match. Its a threat from deep breaking through the opposition lines. We need this on both sides of the pitch.

Centre back: We concede numerous goals when playing anything other than a very deep defence. Holgate plays balls forward and can drive but we need a left sided player to take the defence up a level while also adding a threat with long passes. With Holgate and a new player we can again play a high line which naturally pushes the midfield closer to the opposition goal.

Right/Left mid: Absolutely feeble and lack any ability to combine with or unleash the forwards. There have to be signings here who can join and link with the forwards while also being competitive defensively.

Centre mid: Another poor area highlighted because no one is willing or able to put in a tackle. The days of Moyes/Royle sides having some bite seem a long way away. All the talk of Gomes etc being great passers needs to be binned and we should get back to our 'identity' of the 2 above managers along with the 80s where the players in the centre would love a tackle.

I dont think its as simple as simply wanting new midfielders as there are too many weak areas in the team to strengthen.

We have to target 1st choices and not keep going lower down lists.

???
??? Holgate ??? Digne
??? ??? ??? ???
Richarlison DCL

I dont believe that ANY of those remaining positions are more important than one another.

The most important thing is to sign players who are on an upward trajectory and have a high ceiling who would be clear starters.

Right back: Weve seen the quality of Digne on the right defensively and offensively one of our top players each match. Its a threat from deep breaking through the opposition lines. We need this on both sides of the pitch.

Centre back: We concede numerous goals when playing anything other than a very deep defence. Holgate plays balls forward and can drive but we need a left sided player to take the defence up a level while also adding a threat with long passes. With Holgate and a new player we can again play a high line which naturally pushes the midfield closer to the opposition goal.

Right/Left mid: Absolutely feeble and lack any ability to combine with or unleash the forwards. There have to be signings here who can join and link with the forwards while also being competitive defensively.

Centre mid: Another poor area highlighted because no one is willing or able to put in a tackle. The days of Moyes/Royle sides having some bite seem a long way away. All the talk of Gomes etc being great passers needs to be binned and we should get back to our 'identity' of the 2 above managers along with the 80s where the players in the centre would love a tackle.

I dont think its as simple as simply wanting new midfielders as there are too many weak areas in the team to strengthen.

I can totally see us signing 7 top quality players this window.

???
??? Holgate ??? Digne
??? ??? ??? ???
Richarlison DCL

@MarcelsGoat

What im trying to say is...

If Ancelotti/Brands both find a centre back (Gabriel) and a RB and also a RW who they believe can become the next Thiago Silva / Cafu / Kanchelskis then id be happy with those 3 targets being approached first.

If the midfield options are considered potentially very good but not potentially 'world class' then we should be going for the highest potential players first in whichever of the 7 positions we need to fill.

I dont think its a smart mid-long term strategy to go for weaker players with less potential or ability no matter their position when weve got 7 positions to fill.

I did vote CM and RW but that's not to say i don't think we need other areas. I'd definitely like a more consistent GK.

@MarcelsGoat

What im trying to say is...

If Ancelotti/Brands both find a centre back (Gabriel) and a RB and also a RW who they believe can become the next Thiago Silva / Cafu / Kanchelskis then id be happy with those 3 targets being approached first.

If the midfield options are considered potentially very good but not potentially 'world class' then we should be going for the highest potential players first in whichever of the 7 positions we need to fill.

I dont think its a smart mid-long term strategy to go for weaker players with less potential or ability no matter their position when weve got 7 positions to fill.

Sign good players then?

What a strange concept, why havent we considered this before.

Just vote Zat.

Sign good players then?

What a strange concept, why havent we considered this before.

Just vote Zat.

Not good players, great players.

Should we go:
1st choice CM
2nd choice CM
3rd choice CM
4th choice CM
Etc etc

then work down that list until we have 2 CMs?

Or do we we aim for:

1st choice CM
2nd Choice CM
1st choice CB
1st choice RB
1st choice RW
1st choice LW
3rd choice CM
Etc etc

Id just prefer us to not focus 100% on centre midfield unless we can bring in a top target.

Do we sign a Linderoth because we need a CM or a delph / schneiderlin OR a cafu / kanchelskis?

Its about quality not positions.

GK needs replacing. Defence is fine. Midfield is a sh1t show, Forwards will do I'd like to see Simms given a go I still think he's going to be a very good player and signing a striker will limit his chances.
Priority of new signings in order
1 CM
2 RW
3 GK
4 RB
5 LW
I'd be happy if we got the first 3 in permanent spending up to 100 million
And the last 2 on loans. Sell some of the dead wood to help fund.

Status
Not open for further replies.