Status
Not open for further replies.
Great as in the largest changes to occur since the Moores were actively involved - nothing loose about the comment.

Again though - that's probably not accurate (yet) either.

Advent of the Premier League
David Moyes first and third full seasons
Wayne Rooney - his impact and his subsequent sale saving the club from oblivion
and in my opinion, the introduction of Arteta and Pienaar who returned this club to a way of playing intelligent football

The three you've named, so far, you barely see where the seam breaks between 2015/2016 and 2016/2017. That's not based on hidden lobbying, or behind the scenes moves taken purely on trust, that's on the team's ethos, direction, results and style of football.

A positive ending to the year would be a stadium announcement and a derby win, only then would I see the light from this dark tunnel we have been accustomed to......

Oh and some of our players actually needing a shower after playing for Everton!!!

a derby win is hugely symbolic and could be the perfect catalyst for us to kick on.

while all evidence is against that happening, football can be a funny old game.

A positive ending to the year would be a stadium announcement and a derby win, only then would I see the light from this dark tunnel we have been accustomed to......

Oh and some of our players actually needing a shower after playing for Everton!!!

a derby win is hugely symbolic and could be the perfect catalyst for us to kick on.

Lets hope so, but Its a mental thing against Liverpool and while we still have same spineless players from the last thrashing I can only see the same result.

Moshiri, Koeman and Walsh - greatest changes since the Moores were actively involved in the club.

Takes time to reverse decades of neglect and regression whilst our competitors power ahead.

Mosh: after almost a year and one summer window he's sold-to-buy and not yet announced a new stadium nor improved significantly on sponsorship deals. He's signed an ok manager on a very high-end deal and signed an expensive scout who persuaded us to splash 30m on Bolasie. He's embarrassed fans with false promises to Jim White of all people and otherwise we don't hear very much from him. The cladding's a nice touch, tho'.

Ron: he started well but this is accepted to be down to the common new-manager-honeymoon period. Since then he's not impressed fans with his tactics, selections and latterly his interviews. Big two months for him coming up which may define his managerial career (and define us as a club).

Walsh: Gana's been fantastic, Ashley is necessary. Bolasie can sometimes swing in dangerous crosses but erratic is the nicest thing we can say about him right now (for the price we'd expect a consistent quality), Valencia seems a waste of time. Stek was probably Koeman's.

So compared to the last 15 years where we've had many top 6 finishes, European runs, inspiring players and most importantly a decent handful of nice memories this new era of Mosh/Walsh/Ron has much to prove if it wants to be weighted as a great development for our club.

Moshiri, Koeman and Walsh - greatest changes since the Moores were actively involved in the club.

Takes time to reverse decades of neglect and regression whilst our competitors power ahead.

But still 2016, a year to not linger over but consign to the forgettable history archives.

...yep, I agree. All a bit depressing at the moment but we are a club in transition and a team undergoing significant change. Time will tell if the new owner delivers, time will tell if the new manager takes us to the next level but 2016 could be a positive milestone in the clubs history.

Let's not forget, we've been treading water for many years.

Never mind the derby, Doc.....we need to get cracking this coming Sunday and beat the other half of the Despicable Duo ;)

What signings and how many do expect in January?

There's lots of chat but very little concrete information at present. Walsh does not give information away readily.

Of the current names Memphi Depay is the most serious and likely.

Expectations of 4 possibly 5 incoming and a similar number departing assuming offers are received. No expectation of any of our senior core players leaving. Jags has to be a possibility but that depends on who comes in.

To add some balance here;

I still believe you're right, and I have faith that the 3 of them will bring us back to a very stable base, if not to success under Koeman.

• Negative Net Spend, AGM mysteriously floating back until after Christmas, does all his chatter through Jim White, an upmarket version of Pete Price
  • 19 points from 13 games, many of which were fairly easy on paper, with no win in the league since mid-September
  • A chief scout / 'Director of Football' that gave us Yannick Bolasie and oh so nearly Sissoko.
We're defining 'great' a little loosely here...

...but it's actually impossible to argue with any of this so far.

I believe the good times will return, but that's based more on blind faith at the moment than any real evidence. I'm hopeful though, because things often get worse before they get better and that's the case with us too.

There's lots of chat but very little concrete information at present. Walsh does not give information away readily.

Of the current names Memphi Depay is the most serious and likely.

Expectations of 4 possibly 5 incoming and a similar number departing assuming offers are received. No expectation of any of our senior core players leaving. Jags has to be a possibility but that depends on who comes in.
I wouldn't expect any senior players to leave in Jan maybe only Mirallas and then the obvious ones like Niasse, McGeady, Oviedo, Gibson etc
I hope the 4 possibly 5 are to go straight in the team and not to replace the above mentioned.

Aside from footy of all kinds, it's actually been a good year. So far. (knocks on wood)

I find the sometimes damp sponge of Evertonian hope grows quite dusty and dry at present. Actual repeat games of crap football will do that, irrespective of grand plans and stadia. Quality on the pitch has been scarce and is necessary, either from within or without.

Here's hoping it gets better. And soon. I hope the direction of management isn't as pointless as this post.

One of the worst calendar years I can think of since God knows when!

Been an absolute disaster on the pitch. Went further backwards and currently showing no signs of changing the direction and halting the slide.

Humiliation at Chelsea, Anfield, last minute defeat in a semi final, embarrassed at Sunderland and Leicester on live TV.

It's been a rotter of a year to be an Evertonian, even fans of other clubs can't believe how bad we've regressed.

Anybody want to throw some positives in from 2016?

it ends in 5 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.