Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomasc

Formerly known as By God I'm Blue
One of the worst calendar years I can think of since God knows when!

Been an absolute disaster on the pitch. Went further backwards and currently showing no signs of changing the direction and halting the slide.

Humiliation at Chelsea, Anfield, last minute defeat in a semi final, embarrassed at Sunderland and Leicester on live TV.

It's been a rotter of a year to be an Evertonian, even fans of other clubs can't believe how bad we've regressed.

Anybody want to throw some positives in from 2016?

Been an absolute disaster on the pitch. Went further backwards and currently showing no signs of changing the direction and halting the slide.

Humiliation at Chelsea, Anfield, last minute defeat in a semi final, embarrassed at Sunderland and Leicester on live TV.

It's been a rotter of a year to be an Evertonian, even fans of other clubs can't believe how bad we've regressed.

@MickM86 made a thread for the ages today.

The cladding?

I've got my crystal ball in front of me , let me see 2017 and possibly 2018 , More if the same :celebrate:

Ageing wingers who are past it and lack pace, no creativity in the midfield, a keeper who's back up at best (also ageing) many many players who were rejects from former clubs and or are past it and clearly not good enough.. ageing defence that lacks pace and thought, and only one decent striker who fails to get any sort of support or help. This is the worst team we have had in years

Said it time and time again why do we waste money signing players other clubs don't want! And old players who need to be replaced?? Don't get it

Heard we want Depay who is hopelessly out of form for a struggling club?! Do we ever learn!!

I can't be bothered naming players and each poor quality but let's use Lennon as an example. If he was any good would spurs have let him go? We need to sign young talent not old players who aren't good enough at top clubs!!

Moshiri, Koeman and Walsh - greatest changes since the Moores were actively involved in the club.

Takes time to reverse decades of neglect and regression whilst our competitors power ahead.

In terms of a calendar year it is certainly one of the worst I can recall.....and there is still a month to go :mad:

I would say 1994 was probably worse.

We had a terrible start to the year and Mike Walker came in.....nothing improved and we had our now legendary last day escape.

The new season started with a long losing/drawing run which saw us rooted to the bottom in November when Big Joe came in and saved the day.

Yes....I would say 1994 was worse.

But not much :mad:

Moshiri, Koeman and Walsh - greatest changes since the Moores were actively involved in the club.

Takes time to reverse decades of neglect and regression whilst our competitors power ahead.

• Negative Net Spend, AGM mysteriously floating back until after Christmas, does all his chatter through Jim White, an upmarket version of Pete Price
  • 19 points from 13 games, many of which were fairly easy on paper, with no win in the league since mid-September
  • A chief scout / 'Director of Football' that gave us Yannick Bolasie and oh so nearly Sissoko.
We're defining 'great' a little loosely here...

Whilst this all still sounds great on paper, from the outside there needs to be something tangible soon for the fans to cling onto.

Nothing has really improved much on the pitch, nothing on the PR side either. 9 months in, which isn't a great deal of time granted, to the fan stood afar it looks like nothing at all has changed apart from a bit of personnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.