2014/15 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The depth of our side today was worse than multiple seasons of injury crises rolled into one.

Unless someone releases nano-tech that targets players with recent international caps, we will not at any point this season be as badly depleted as we were today.

With the fellani money an sky money I was expecting to see us spend at least £40m this summer, bit disappointing so far. But in Bobby we trust I just hope the board are giving him every penny they can.

Although I'm happy to be patient about our transfer dealings I agree that it's a bit disappointing that were not even gonna spend as much money as we recouped from transfers in the last year:

Fellaini - 27.5m
Jelavic - 7m
Anichebe - 6m

Total - 40.5m

Roberto made comments about saving money since he has been here to put into a pot for this summers transfers but it doesn't look like were gonna pay big money for a player other than lukaku.

Hopefully I'm proven wrong and Roberto has got an ace up his sleeve that nobody saw coming

I know we are only 2 games in and still to get a few players back after the World Cup but today has confirmed my worries for the new season. Unless we spend big we will be mid table mediocrity at best this season. Lack of strikers is a major concern which should have been sorted at the end of last season as we only have Kone but where is he if he's supposedly fit. We played decent stuff today at times but we don't have that little bit extra needed. Next 6 weeks are massive if we don't spend big pressure will be on bobby and if I was him I'd walk as we should have at least 40 million to spend with all the outgoings over the last 18 months or so. What do you guys think
tumblr_inline_n6xg0ooGT41qeijeq.jpg

Crystal Palace won 13-1 the other week in a pre-season game.

They probably won't score 13 goals in the entire season.

I wouldn't care if Leicester beat us 5-0 today, it means nothing. It's getting fitness.

I know we are only 2 games in and still to get a few players back after the World Cup but today has confirmed my worries for the new season. Unless we spend big we will be mid table mediocrity at best this season. Lack of strikers is a major concern which should have been sorted at the end of last season as we only have Kone but where is he if he's supposedly fit. We played decent stuff today at times but we don't have that little bit extra needed. Next 6 weeks are massive if we don't spend big pressure will be on bobby and if I was him I'd walk as we should have at least 40 million to spend with all the outgoings over the last 18 months or so. What do you guys think

You're one of those guys who looks at the team and paper, compares them to every top team in Europe, and panics aren't you?

Remember last season when we were expected to finish 9th or 10th? Well, we finished 5th. And it turns out, the transfer window is still open, and our squad has some of the best team chemistry in all of Europe.

We don't need to just go out and buy players. I'm laughing at some of these bigger clubs because that's their solution to everything. Buy a big name and plug him into the squad. We only have a couple of needs and really only need to build depth for Europe, which is a great problem to have.

We'll be fine. If we can get Lukaku, and maybe 2-3 other quality players simply for depth purposes, we'll make a ton of noise this season.

Probable first 11:

Howard, Coleman, Jags, Distin, Baines, McCarthy, Barry, Mirallas, Barkley, Pienaar, Lukaku.

In reserve:

Joel, Stones, Alcaraz, Hibbert, Oviedo, Gibson, Besic, Osman, McGeady, Naismith, Kone.

There's also some of the younger lids who I think will get some game time in Garbutt, McAleny and Browning. So we're really only 1 striker (assuming Lukaku will sign), and a couple of wingers/AMs away from what I consider to be a strong squad.

TL;DR, don't worry mate. We'll be sound ;)

Might be a knee jerk reaction but we need new faces in ready to be bedded in before the first league as we do have tough start

Might be a knee jerk reaction but we need new faces in ready to be bedded in before the first league as we do have tough start

Not necessarily true. Nobody we bring in will go straight in to the first team bar Lukaku (and he knows everything about us already).

If your first 11 came play three games without needing a rest then your screwed either way mate.

As others have said, don't worry.

I feel we need 2 quality strikers we have wingers we need an attacking midfielder and maybe a centre half for cover

I don't think it's time to press the panic button just yet, one it's preseason and it's all about getting fit and two we haven't got our full squad back yet plus I believe Martinez knows what he is doing so please let's all be calm

Status
Not open for further replies.