1977 League Cup Final (Wenbley)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember having to queue the length of Bullens Road to get a ticket for that game , my 1st trip to Wembley , I seem to recall we had cards that were stamped for certain home games we went to and some were eligible to buy tickets , I can't remember the full details now but I must have queued for about 3-4 hours and when I emerged from that box office with my ticket safely stored down my Skids , I ran home to Old Swan (then) and thought I had won the Pools , I didn't care that the game was crap , I never really noticed , I was in heaven at last and nothing could ever take that away from me ... I'd heared all the 1966 Cup Final tales from all the ' Arl Fellers ' and now I had my own day to talk about .. MAGIC

Took me back that. I'd forgotten about the excitement when I managed to get my first Wembley ticket. Thanks

I remember seeing twin towers for the first time how excited i was.There is footage of the final im sure that the big match showed it.It was a poor game it didnt matter i was at WEM BER LEE

first time to wembley ,and was waiting to see those twin towers i had heard so much about and walk up wembley way, when i got there i was shocked at the state of the place really shabby.
The villa fans were very friendly that day which was rare at the game those days ,but what a boring game.
For the hillsborough replay we all had to bunk off at break time as the ******** headmaster wouldnt let anyone off even if you had a note, he singled me out early morning ,"funny you have an eye test when your playing , hard luck ,get another test because your here and staying here," i just smiled im going no matter what you say so dont even bother you ********, at breaktime they had all the teachers out on patrol, and all the everton lads got together and were plotting what to do, with nobody making a move till we were called in, then we just stood there looked at each other, someone shouted everton and we just ran at the teachers, who just stood there shocked as we went straight past and over the fence.the headmaster was doing his nut in shouting for the teachers to stop us,one old fella was right behind me and siad "**** this lad, your leaving soon and i cant be arsed chasing you, so get me a program and enjoy yourself, up to the valley on the lawrences buses and off to sheffield, worry about school and that bellend headmaster tomorrow, happy and simple days those

I didnt mention me old girl took me,as i was nicked along with half the estate who took me,me mam done her nut and wouldnt let me go with the older lads.It was go with her or nothing.She had a time of her life god bless her.Ill tell yeah the story about me mam telling about hundred mancs with alsation dogs to [Poor language removed] outside Piccadilly.I nearly died,she didnt give a [Poor language removed].And waited for me outside old trafford.

I didnt mention me old girl took me,as i was nicked along with half the estate who took me,me mam done her nut and wouldnt let me go with the older lads.It was go with her or nothing.She had a time of her life god bless her.Ill tell yeah the story about me mam telling about hundred mancs with alsation dogs to [Poor language removed] outside Piccadilly.I nearly died,she didnt give a [Poor language removed].And waited for me outside old trafford.
mouser and his mam off to the game. only messing mate sounds a good story

Status
Not open for further replies.