1977 League Cup Final (Wenbley)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan ball

Player Valuation: £70m
never seen any highlights from this game, went of course and to the 2 replays but wondered if anybody had any footage from the Wembley game

I havent got footage of wembley,to be fair mate a classic it wasnt.Missed hillsboro,but went to old trafford,there is footage of that on you tube.

Bolton in the SF. First leg at Goodison was probably one of the first big occasions I remember. I seem to recall being huddled round a radio for the second leg as the lights packed in at Burnden Park. ;)

I didn't see the game as I was working abroad at the time. I was sharing digs with a Villa supporter. Painful memories, especially the bit when he hit me with a beer crate. (Perhaps I shouldn't have brained him with a Newcastle Brown bottle first. LOL)

I am much quieter now, can't afford a crate of Newcastle these days.

:hay:
I didn't see the game as I was working abroad at the time. I was sharing digs with a Villa supporter. Painful memories, especially the bit when he hit me with a beer crate. (Perhaps I shouldn't have brained him with a Newcastle Brown bottle first. LOL)

I am much quieter now, can't afford a crate of Newcastle these days.

What a quiet life I've had.

Bolton in the SF. First leg at Goodison was probably one of the first big occasions I remember. I seem to recall being huddled round a radio for the second leg as the lights packed in at Burnden Park. ;)

The lights never packed up. Some lights went out on one pylon. There was big sparks half way up the pylon with the Bolton players, who were behind and never looked like scoring, were telling the ref to stop the game. He ignored them. He was wrong. Today he would have stopped the game until given the all clear.

The highlights went out the following day on the "Big Match" or "Kick off" as the programme was called then, which ran for an hour.

It would have been hard to find 5 minutes of highlights from that game never mind an hour.
Still, it was my first time to Wembley so it was a cracking day out.

I remember having to queue the length of Bullens Road to get a ticket for that game , my 1st trip to Wembley , I seem to recall we had cards that were stamped for certain home games we went to and some were eligible to buy tickets , I can't remember the full details now but I must have queued for about 3-4 hours and when I emerged from that box office with my ticket safely stored down my Skids , I ran home to Old Swan (then) and thought I had won the Pools , I didn't care that the game was crap , I never really noticed , I was in heaven at last and nothing could ever take that away from me ... I'd heared all the 1966 Cup Final tales from all the ' Arl Fellers ' and now I had my own day to talk about .. MAGIC

Like yourself queued up which seemed an eternity. I joined the queue by the turnstiles which is now the entry to the family stand at 9am and finally got my ticket at 6pm. I seem to remember the Box Office closing for lunch which added to the woe of it all. I bunked off school that day in order to get my ticket and went into school the next day with a note from my mum to say that i had been ill the day before. When the teacher read my note she said "you looked alright on Granada Reports queing up for your Cup Final ticket" I even got off school the afternoon we had the first replay at Hillsbrough

Status
Not open for further replies.