1963 Title win

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did. I was a scruffy snotty nosed teenager in jeans, black winkle pickers and duffle coat.

You know Dario, think others will recall. Queuing out side GSE, huge great brick walls in front of you as you shuffle to the turnstile with your dosh handy. The usual copper or two on great big brown horses keeping you inline and in check. The joyful banter of the fans coupled with the eagerness to get in and get to your spot. No seats all on foot. No doubt many other folk will recall from back then. We all smoked like hell as well.

Was too young to go in The Winslow.

I would like to sat, we had a world class midfielder but because of sheer stupidity him and Bronco Layne were banned for life. This idiocy occurred at Sheffield Wednesday. Yep Tony Kay, he was class and would have gone and won more honours but for that stupidity.

I would like to sat, we had a world class midfielder but because of sheer stupidity him and Bronco Layne were banned for life. This idiocy occurred at Sheffield Wednesday. Yep Tony Kay, he was class and would have gone and won more honours but for that stupidity.

Me arl fella (Dirty red that he is) said Kay quite possibly would've lifted the WC as captain.

Finest midfielder of that era, he says.

I am reading Colin Harvey's book at the minute. He says Tony Kay would have been in Bobby Stile's shirt for the World Cup if it wasn't for a £50 bet on Sheffield Wednesday to lose. It wasn't as if he didn't try to help Wednesday, apparently he was MOTM.

I am reading Colin Harvey's book at the minute. He says Tony Kay would have been in Bobby Stile's shirt for the World Cup if it wasn't for a £50 bet on Sheffield Wednesday to lose. It wasn't as if he didn't try to help Wednesday, apparently he was MOTM.
Yep mate,it's disgusting when you see what goes on these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.