Better side?

• Then

Votes: 29 69.0%
  • Now

Votes: 13 31.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That team around 07-09 was crying out for a pacey right winger. Some great footballers like Pienaar and Arteta with goals threats from midfield like Osman Cahill even Fellaini, a boss right winger would’ve been the difference
I believe Mirallas was brought into with that in mind. He WAS a pacey winger, though a bit selfish. Frankly I do not know what went wrong with him. He would have made a fearful combination with Coleman behind him.

I am genuinely curious to understand what happened to Mirallas? He seemed like a good fit for us, not a world beater or top 1% but skillful enough to warrant a crack at a team trying to break barriers.

I believe Mirallas was brought into with that in mind. He WAS a pacey winger, though a bit selfish. Frankly I do not know what went wrong with him. He would have made a fearful combination with Coleman behind him.

I am genuinely curious to understand what happened to Mirallas? He seemed like a good fit for us, not a world beater or top 1% but skillful enough to warrant a crack at a team trying to break barriers.

He was very good in his first 2 seasons when he played mostly on the right. Then his selfish side became more apparent and he wanted to play on the left where he could cut in on his right foot more. It was probably better for him but he became less useful to the team.

He was very good in his first 2 seasons when he played mostly on the right. Then his selfish side became more apparent and he wanted to play on the left where he could cut in on his right foot more. It was probably better for him but he became less useful to the team.
He seemed like he started to gain some unnecessary timber aswell, after his first 2 seasons his pace seemed to go a bit, but yeah him and Coleman were a threat on the right side and that is where he was most effective, then as Pienaars legs went he went over to the left, Baines probably hated him having him there

Status
Not open for further replies.