“Fans” that won’t support us if we get Allardyce

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't feel less of someone for staying away, it's their time and money. Some may disagree but I would say there are those who love the club just as much as a fan who goes week in week out, they just have a different way of showing their displeasure.

From a personal perspective I do feel there are those who take a football clubs support and passion for granted, their mindset comes back to them when apathy creeps in (fan money isn't forthcoming ).

Given what's been said in the media, the growing apathy amongst fellow blues, the club will be watching this, reading the articles, the social media stuff. I expect in the coming weeks a sort of "let's try and defuse this" retort, possibly something stadium related or a "source" the club uses for stories (PR) to link us with a player or two for the summer.

He is here for the pay check. He has zero interest in Everton as he knows he is here for the short term. Zero interest in the academy or any plan forward. All the signings are quick fix signings and the longer he stays the further behind we are. Horrendous appointment along with that kopite

I’d say Arsenal are 5/10 years behind the top four. We are 10/15 years easily. The whole club needs gutting and rebuilding from top to bottom. Can’t be done overnight. There is so much deadwood in this club and you can’t just get rid as many think. Clubs aren’t willing to sign players here who haven’t performed. Who will take Martina on 30k a week and for a fee when only we were willing to sign him when he was on a free? Who will take Garbutt on 30k when his level is league one and unaffordable wages! I can go on..

There is surely no defending him after today's comments. We're the equivalent of Newcastle or West Ham. 'Koff gravy swilling con man.

I'm not defending his comments because I don't agree with him regarding the expectations. Newcastle and West Ham have been relegated in recent times so their ambitions are clearly different to ours. Yes we are a bigger club but the truth is, to those who don't support us:

• Newcastle have challenged for the league more recently than us - mid-late 90's
  • Both play in far bigger Stadiums getting far bigger crowds - 52 and 56K
  • Both have won the same as us in the last 20 years - Nothing.
  • Both are unable to break in to the 'Big 6' like us

He did nod to our history but in the present (ignoring his time here), we've not laid a glove on the 'Big 4' type clubs - last wins at Stamford Bridge - 1994, Arsenal 1996, Anfield - 1999, and 1 win since 1992 - Old Trafford. We regularly get beaten away to lesser clubs like Bournemouth, Southampton, Leicester, Burnley...

Sadly, until we start acting like one, we will be viewed in the same way as Newcastle and West Ham. A club with a big following that can't compete at the top in the Premier League and don't win things.

I'm not defending his comments because I don't agree with him regarding the expectations. Newcastle and West Ham have been relegated in recent times so their ambitions are clearly different to ours. Yes we are a bigger club but the truth is, to those who don't support us:

• Newcastle have challenged for the league more recently than us - mid-late 90's
  • Both play in far bigger Stadiums getting far bigger crowds - 52 and 56K
  • Both have won the same as us in the last 20 years - Nothing.
  • Both are unable to break in to the 'Big 6' like us

He did nod to our history but in the present (ignoring his time here), we've not laid a glove on the 'Big 4' type clubs - last wins at Stamford Bridge - 1994, Arsenal 1996, Anfield - 1999, and 1 win since 1992 - Old Trafford. We regularly get beaten away to lesser clubs like Bournemouth, Southampton, Leicester, Burnley...

Sadly, until we start acting like one, we will be viewed in the same way as Newcastle and West Ham. A club with a big following that can't compete at the top in the Premier League and don't win things.
We aren't going to start acting like a big club with Allardyce in charge though, are we?

In terms of us being like those two clubs, look at our average league placing (recently or historically) versus theirs, look at the number of leagues, cups etc.. compared with them (I'll grant you that recently it has been dire for us too). If Moshiri supports the idea that we are like West Ham and Newcastle and sets our expectations accordingly then we will end up relegated, like them, sooner rather than later.

We aren't going to start acting like a big club with Allardyce in charge though, are we?

In terms of us being like those two clubs, look at our average league placing (recently or historically) versus theirs, look at the number of leagues, cups etc.. compared with them (I'll grant you that recently it has been dire for us too). If Moshiri supports the idea that we are like West Ham and Newcastle and sets our expectations accordingly then we will end up relegated, like them, sooner rather than later.

I think past trophies are pretty irrelevant to ambitions now though. Look at Man City, nowhere near the RS for past glory but their ambitions and expectations are far higher at this moment. The same with Villa and Bournemouth...

Where I think he is completely wrong is comparing the Everton of 2018 to West Ham or Newcastle anyway. Newcastle have just been promoted and Ashley has barely given them any funds to spend. Their record signing is £16m for Owen back in about 2005. Ignoring Newcastle's good runs in the mid-90's and our former successful periods like in the 80's (which are irrelevant now), how on earth are their ambitions the same as ours at the moment.

West Ham is even more ridiculous as they have finished ahead of us once in the last 15 years and other than being gifted the big new Stadium, aren't ahead of us in barely any way you could possibly think of.

I agree with your first comment by the way. Will only be a short term appointment anyway though.

He is here for the pay check. He has zero interest in Everton as he knows he is here for the short term. Zero interest in the academy or any plan forward. All the signings are quick fix signings and the longer he stays the further behind we are. Horrendous appointment along with that kopite

I’d say Arsenal are 5/10 years behind the top four. We are 10/15 years easily. The whole club needs gutting and rebuilding from top to bottom. Can’t be done overnight. There is so much deadwood in this club and you can’t just get rid as many think. Clubs aren’t willing to sign players here who haven’t performed. Who will take Martina on 30k a week and for a fee when only we were willing to sign him when he was on a free? Who will take Garbutt on 30k when his level is league one and unaffordable wages! I can go on..
All that could be said about Koeman too.

34yeeyq.jpg

you stopped going therefore you have bailed on your team and the club... its not hard

I've had 3 trips from Belfast since Allardyce took over. Not that that means anything because you don't have to go every game to be allowed an opinion. But just thought I'd set the facts straight.

I still support the team. I still don't support Allardyce. It's not hard to grasp.

I don’t need stats about where we were and where we are since he took the reins. I see with my own eyes week in week out and I hear his crass, ignorant and gum-chewing arrogance spewing forth in every interview or pre-match press conference. If you think he’s a decent fit with Everton then you really don’t understand Everton at all. To say that he’s correct what he says about West Ham, Newcastle and Everton tells me everything I need to know.

I’d rather be relegated than have any connection whatsoever with Sam Allardyce. The man is an open sore spreading through this Club. His alliance with Lee, Walsh and Shakespeare is nothing short of cancerous. Get rid, get the Club cleansed of all remnants of the slimy crook, wipe his name from our history and start to rebuild. Moshiri has shown with this appointment that he doesn’t ‘get’ Everton....it’s a very worrying fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.