£85,027,727 in premier league payments but only in 7th place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow just realised that having looked back at previous mout posts in 2008 he/she is too scary for me ..run along now ...

liverpool, like united have a mass amount of armchair fans who have no intention of going to see a football game live. they will however pay all the TV fees so they can watch their "beloved club". Let's face it, Everton doesn't have this sort of fanbase and the majority of the prem doesn't have this type of fanbase so if SKY were to pick a game featuring both they won't get much viewers.

it's all about money for them because they're a business, they're not going to give a damn if all neutrals would rather watch an intruiging game like swansea vs southampton instead of a dull boring home banker like liverpool vs a west ham.

The British market will be inflated as all the clubs will benefit from this deal. We need to be smart and raid the semi good leagues like the Dutch, Portuguese etc.

pat.jpg

dafuq

Surely this would also mean an increase in the parachute payments for relegation?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22171365

Clubs relegated from football's top flight will receive in excess of £60m over a four-year period from next season.

The Premier League has agreed new parachute payment arrangements, although it is yet to confirm the exact figure.

Clubs relegated to the Championship currently receive £48m over four years.

Surely this would also mean an increase in the parachute payments for relegation?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22171365

Clubs relegated from football's top flight will receive in excess of £60m over a four-year period from next season.

The Premier League has agreed new parachute payment arrangements, although it is yet to confirm the exact figure.

Clubs relegated to the Championship currently receive £48m over four years.

From what i have read the parachute payment is scaled like the way the TV deal has been as i think the payments works as a percentage of the overall TV deal in place mate

Status
Not open for further replies.