£28 million… The Aftermath...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToffeeTownMilto

Player Valuation: £8m
First things first, I’m sure I am not alone in being over the moon that we have finally not only signed a quality striker to call our own, but also the signal of intent that comes with it.

In the aftermath of all the excitement last night, I was sat there wondering how we are paying this £28m fee.

Is it almost a straight swap for Felliani – are we using the money we got for him? Or we are paying Chelsea in instalments?

How can we afford £28m? Or am I so surprised and shocked by this because we spend so little usually??

We didn't spend a cent of the Fellaini money.

In fact, we probably haven't spent a penny this summer yet, it's all last year's money.

So all those record tv deals should surely allow us to go and buy another quality winger, right Billl?

I'm sure I remember Bobby hinting that he was going back into the loan market as well. I think after signing Henen then that's us done for permanent signings this summer. However, I can see us signing a wonderkid on loan from Real Madrid reserves or something.

We sold Fellaini £27m, Anichebe £6m and Jelavic £5m. Let's say that £4m of the Fellaini money went to Standard and we also used £6m-£7m to secure McCarthy. The rest of that money was saved by Martinez. He made it clear in January he was prepared to wait till summer to splash that cash. Don't think stumping up the cash for Lukaku was that difficult for us tbh.

It was the stockpiled cash from last season's sales.

Now the manager has to be allowed to dip into the £30M that every other club stars out this transfer window with.

Needed: a playmaker to feed the record signing; another striking option to go with Lukaku and Kone; a winger to replace the hole left by Deulofeu.

We have a couple of weeks to get these in. Even if one or two of those three are loan deals and costly ones at that we have to use the cash that's available.

It was mentioned at the time that the purchase of McCarthy had no impact on the sale of Fellaini. So there was a lot of cash sitting there. Then we obviously sold Jelavic and Anichebe and bought in that Striker from Wigan.

It was the stockpiled cash from last season's sales.

Now the manager has to be allowed to dip into the £30M that every other club stars out this transfer window with.

Needed: a playmaker to feed the record signing; another striking option to go with Lukaku and Kone; a winger to replace the hole left by Deulofeu.

We have a couple of weeks to get these in. Even if one or two of those three are loan deals and costly ones at that we have to use the cash that's available.

I think if this happens not of us can have any gripes going into the new season.

I will happily wipe the slate clean and consider it a new dawn, how about you?

It was mentioned at the time that the purchase of McCarthy had no impact on the sale of Fellaini. So there was a lot of cash sitting there. Then we obviously sold Jelavic and Anichebe and bought in that Striker from Wigan.
But later on in the season Martinez stated that if we hadn't sold Fellaini, we wouldn't have been able to secure McCarthy. Guess that truth lies somewhere in the middle. We probably will have used a bit of that money for McCarthy.

Fellaini 27m
Anichebe 6m
Jelavic 7m

40m there and we never spent any, add to that the tv money and you can see how we can afford this deal which I would imagine is spread over 3 years at the minimum

First things first, I’m sure I am not alone in being over the moon that we have finally not only signed a quality striker to call our own, but also the signal of intent that comes with it.

In the aftermath of all the excitement last night, I was sat there wondering how we are paying this £28m fee.

Is it almost a straight swap for Felliani – are we using the money we got for him? Or we are paying Chelsea in instalments?

How can we afford £28m? Or am I so surprised and shocked by this because we spend so little usually??

We will be paying in instalements, i said this summer we would spend cash. But, it's the next few windows we have to be concerned about. We will structure the payments over the next few years like the Felli deal. So the majority of the money for the next few transfer windows will be budgeted for this summers transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.