Lewis Dobbin

Status
Not open for further replies.
…I wouldn’t recommend bailing if the deal on offer at Everton is very good. He knows the club, he’s settled and he’s highly rated. Dropping down a level isn’t necessarily a good idea, careers can stall for highly rated youngsters who are not given the right time to develop. We’ve seen the likes of Gordon struggle at Preston.

The attraction of going abroad is a bit different, especially given the success rate in the likes of Germany. If Dobbin was my son, I’d weigh up the options but I‘d definitely give Everton serious thought if the financial package was good.
The success rate in Germany isnt great despite what every body thinks

Keanan Bennetts has ended up from Monchengladbach back here at Ipswich on loan, now almost 22 with his england career stalling at under 19 level

Reece Oxford has only just started to cement himself in FC Augsburg's first team as he's approaching 23 after being let go by Gladbacjh

Rabbi Motando cant get a sniff at second division Schalke so has been loaned out, first to Stoke & next to Cercle Bruge (The belgian Everton)

Ethan Ampadu played 3 games at RB Leipzig

Anthony Evans got binned by Padderbon & is now back in England at Bristol Rovers

Clinton Mola has played 8 games for Stuttgard

Matt Penney had a loan at St Pauli, he was that good Sheff Wed released him to ipswich

Matthew Bondswell didnt last long at Leipzig, hes now at Newcastle under 23s

Highly rated Mandela Egbo, now 24 left gladbach and is now at New York Red Bulls

Ex England under 20 player Kaylen Hinds didnt get a chance at Wolfsburg and now at 23 is at Aldershot Town

Red Bull Leipzig ended up selling Ademola Lookman at a loss, after a less than impressive permanent spell in germany

Jonjoe Kenny looked good for Schalke, came back, wasent good enough for us or Celtic in the SPL

Reiss Nelson has also dropped off a cliff after a half decent loan in Germany

How much credit to Leipzig deserve after fielding Emile Smith Rowe for only 3 games, his next loan (at Championship Huddersfield) really gave him that uplift in his career

Just because Jadon Sancho did well over there (in reality Sancho would of made it anywere he went.....including staying at City) dosent mean its a great place for young english players to go!

The success rate in Germany isnt great despite what every body thinks

Keanan Bennetts has ended up from Monchengladbach back here at Ipswich on loan, now almost 22 with his england career stalling at under 19 level

Reece Oxford has only just started to cement himself in FC Augsburg's first team as he's approaching 23 after being let go by Gladbacjh

Rabbi Motando cant get a sniff at second division Schalke so has been loaned out, first to Stoke & next to Cercle Bruge (The belgian Everton)

Ethan Ampadu played 3 games at RB Leipzig

Anthony Evans got binned by Padderbon & is now back in England at Bristol Rovers

Clinton Mola has played 8 games for Stuttgard

Matt Penney had a loan at St Pauli, he was that good Sheff Wed released him to ipswich

Matthew Bondswell didnt last long at Leipzig, hes now at Newcastle under 23s

Highly rated Mandela Egbo, now 24 left gladbach and is now at New York Red Bulls

Ex England under 20 player Kaylen Hinds didnt get a chance at Wolfsburg and now at 23 is at Aldershot Town

Red Bull Leipzig ended up selling Ademola Lookman at a loss, after a less than impressive permanent spell in germany

Jonjoe Kenny looked good for Schalke, came back, wasent good enough for us or Celtic in the SPL

Reiss Nelson has also dropped off a cliff after a half decent loan in Germany

How much credit to Leipzig deserve after fielding Emile Smith Rowe for only 3 games, his next loan (at Championship Huddersfield) really gave him that uplift in his career

Just because Jadon Sancho did well over there (in reality Sancho would of made it anywere he went.....including staying at City) dosent mean its a great place for young english players to go!
It didn't go that well for Gray either at Leverkusen. Although we wouldn't have got him for < £2m if it had.

Blaming Brands for Josh Bowler now lol

Some of you really need to learn to pick your arguments.

Come on then!

giphy.gif

If he wants it, now is his time to ask for it.

Lack of attacking options, hugely disappointing Rondón, if he’s not pushing for game time now, then somethings not right.

Would be very shocked if he or Simms aren’t getting any form of game time on Sunday.

There's a lot of sticks to hit Brands with but I'm not sure this is one. Pretty sure Bowler got injured and by the time he was fit again his contract was basically up.
We paid 5 million for him, he's doing well at Blackpool for a freebie - instrumental when we won the under 23 league title + only 5 million plus his wages down the plughole he was fast oh wait Brands like old doddery past it players ....

We paid 5 million for him, he's doing well at Blackpool for a freebie - instrumental when we won the under 23 league title + only 5 million plus his wages down the plughole he was fast oh wait Brands like old doddery past it players ....
We didn't pay 5 million at all

Sky Sports said:
The Toffees have been pursuing the 18-year-old for a number of weeks but agreed a deal of £1.5m rising to £4.25m earlier this week.
Considering he never made a single first team appearance for us, I'd be very surprised if we triggered any of these add-ons.

I liked Josh Bowler a lot in the 23s but we're talking about a lad with 38 first team appearances when he left us, mostly on loan at hull, 1 goal scored, 2 assists.

And since he left us 21 apps, 2 goals, 1 assist. He's a nice player but I don't think the decision to let him go should be used to hang Brands. Not when Iwobi is right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.