Would things drastically change if Benitez left tomorrow?

If Benitez left tomorrow and nothing else changed would Everton's fortunes improve?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveysgingerlovechild

Official Allardyce Doubter
Snap poll...

Heated debate across several threads about whether our current malaise is Benitez, the players, rot in the wider club, or a cumulative effect.

So, if Benitez left tomorrow (and nothing else changed) would we improve?

Not overnight - of course this is a long process

But the process can't start until we appoint a new manager and the division and animosity begin to heal. We fundamentally have the wrong manager, so none of the other changes we need can happen until we change the manager as a first step.

It would also help with the little thing of actually enjoying our team play. I know that's a lot to ask for, but it would be very nice.

Arguing for Benitez to go now on purely footballing grounds is dumb.

I can forgive it of those that never wanted him, and want any excuse to see him gone, because at least that's a consistent argument - even if I don't agree.

But thinking this on-pitch malaise is his fault is just wrong. Throwing another manager in the shredder and expecting better of the next schmuck we can convince to come is not the answer. We need to sort this squad out.

Not overnight - of course this is a long process

But the process can't start until we appoint a new manager and the division and animosity begin to heal. We fundamentally have the wrong manager, so none of the other changes we need can happen until we change the manager as a first step.
I can see that point, but my worry is that Benitez becomes a bit of a lightening rod for fan frustration. I've said before part of me wonders if the board wanted that buffer.

Its a bit chicken or egg, but until the executive/strategic leads and plan are in place we end up with bad managerial appointments and / or utterly hamstring them.

That's not to particularly defend Benitez BTW. Just more my lack of trust in this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.