2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of respect to this site, I won't name the YouTube vid I got this from, or post a link, but one of the presenters witnessed it and the other said he had had several witnesses message him with the same story.

I like Richarlison but I'm not convinced he's as good as some think. It sounds like he wants to move on to bigger and better things but unless he improves a lot this season I don't think any bigger clubs will be interested. DCL, Gray and Townsend have all been involved in more goals so far. It's only been 4 games but I think that's why he was so unhappy coming off the other day. He knows he needs more goals to attract a bigger club.

Another example of poor journalism for none of them to ask Rafael about Richy supposedly storming out when Rafael did the press conference. Let's face it, modern day journalism is all about getting clicks so you'd think they would be all over that never mind asking it because the fans actually want to understand more about where Richy's head is at.

For what its worth, I think Richy's demeanour only becomes a problem if he has a serious slump in form like he has had before with us and definitely with Watford. If he gets a run up front without DCL and scores, all will be fine.

Was there any reason or confirmation ever provided by the Refs association after all the fixtures were over, explaining why the Tarkowski assault wasn't punished?

That Xhaka challenge was well worse than Tarkowski's. Xhaka was a no doubt red, Tarkowski's was in the gray area where no one is really mad if he gets red vs yellow. Nothing being called was wrong though.
Did you ever play footy mate? That was an attempt to goad Richarlison into retaliating to get him sent off. When I played back in the olden days if somebody hit you with reckless lunge like that, you either jumped up and hit him, or if you were cute enough, went just over the ball the next time you went 50/50 with him.

Tarkowski, like a few of his team mates is a bully and that tackle was a red with a competent official.

Did you ever play footy mate? That was an attempt to goad Richarlison into retaliating to get him sent off. When I played back in the olden days if somebody hit you with reckless lunge like that, you either jumped up and hit him, or if you were cute enough, went just over the ball the next time you went 50/50 with him.

Tarkowski, like a few of his team mates is a bully and that tackle was a red with a competent official.
You’re right there, when I played years ago I was told you take the ball first and then however much or little you got you go through the man as hard as possible.
That was how it was in the 90s but that has no place in modern football. The speed the game is played at nowadays you risk snapping someone’s leg in half doing stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.